DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dont think these channels are coming off of D*11 yet.. I think we will see some action tommorow or early this morning though. What the birdy in my ear is telling me is what psmith is seeing is data to make it look like there is data on D*11 so the other satellites dont get upset with their guide data and think something is wrong in the system when it see's no guide data from D* 11. So to equal everything out they created data for D* 11 and everything is fine.

I suspect that we will see some activity today (monday), we may not see it because it may be engneering activity, and some formal activity on wednesday we can talk about :)

Looking at the guide the next broadcast on 732-1 is this Wednesday and 734-1 is this Thursday. This is a good indication that this Wednesday will be the RSN and mpeg4 conversions (if not, then sooner). Since there is nothing on these until Wednesday, it is Wednesday that seems most likely.

Like 101 for instance, Directv's signal is a KU signal, but there is a KA satellilte (AMC 14) at that position that does Wild FTA feeds on both KU and KA Frequency's.
I want some of what you're smokin'. I'm sure it would make work easier.

AMC 14 is the errant satellite that didn't make it into orbit yet. It is a Ku satellite and it is currently wandering around making Lissajous patterns about the equator over Africa.

You're thinking of AMC4. It looks like the Ka stuff is audio only.

There is a debate as to whether you can receive both bands with a single feed horn. I don't think it is possible.

I want some of what you're smokin'. I'm sure it would make work easier.

AMC 14 is the errant satellite that didn't make it into orbit yet. It is a Ku satellite and it is currently wandering around making Lissajous patterns about the equator over Africa.

You're thinking of AMC4. It looks like the Ka stuff is audio only.

There is a debate as to whether you can receive both bands with a single feed horn. I don't think it is possible.

Ok there is no need post comments about smoking stuff, First of all Technically it is in orbit.. just not the orbit they wanted.. Yep I meant amc 4, it was a typo and give a guy a break.

I dont think there is too much of a debate, over at the IEEE's site under satellite engneering they have devloped a KU/KA feehorn. ITs also patented to hell and Directv has the patents on changing the KA freq to the upper limits of the spectrum IE from 250-750 mhz to 950-1450 MHz in conjuction with the b band converters. This is a good read: DIRECTV b-Band Converter Approach to KaKu Signal Distribution

smokin.gif
(me) hay! bob is right. let's get serious. my signals today are the highest they've been since 99c showed up. is this because 99c is still moving and therefore the signal improves because of better alignment?

If you’re thinking that DirecTV 11 bird is going to be fully implemented in the next week or two it won’t be. It is due to be in its proper position and fully operational between September 12th to possibly the end of September. I talked to DTV today about the new Ka bird and they reconfirmed what I had previously read. They told me that they would be playing with the different spot beams and signal strength before totally configuring it for full operation. So we will see many different channels showing up and going away over the next month or so. It will be nice to have the approximately 150 HD’s and 200 in 2009 when DirecTV 12 goes up.

Old Article from Space Daily on this:
DIRECTV Satellite Launch Sets The Stage For Delivery Of Up To 150 National HD Channels

I may be weak on the space math, but don't they pretty much wait to send any signal until the bird is "locked" into its final orbit? I can't imagine that they have someone at the controls "driving" this thing all the time. That would chew up all the fuel. So once it's in place, they can beam the signal(s). Which channels they choose to beam back down is determined by contracts and content. To paraphrase Spicolli: No contract, no content, no dice.

If you’re thinking that DirecTV 11 bird is going to be fully implemented in the next week or two it won’t be. It is due to be in its proper position and fully operational between September 12th to possibly the end of September. I talked to DTV today about the new Ka bird and they reconfirmed what I had previously read. They told me that they would be playing with the different spot beams and signal strength before totally configuring it for full operation. So we will see many different channels showing up and going away over the next month or so. It will be nice to have the approximately 150 HD’s and 200 in 2009 when DirecTV 12 goes up.

Old Article from Space Daily on this:
DIRECTV Satellite Launch Sets The Stage For Delivery Of Up To 150 National HD Channels
I guess today's press release and the inside information from many whom work for them is wrong and something that was written 5 months ago was correct?

I guess today's press release and the inside information from many whom work for them is wrong and something that was written 5 months ago was correct?

Could be and the person I talked to TODAY could be wrong even though they are directly from DTV and they were not one of the know nothing CS people. If my info is wrong great all the better, but I'm just conveying what I was told directly from the horse’s mouth today.

Could be and the person I talked to TODAY could be wrong even though they are directly from DTV and they were not one of the know nothing CS people. If my info is wrong great all the better, but I'm just conveying what I was told directly from the horse’s mouth today.
What is with the large font?

Trust me, your CSR (most know absolutely nothing about these things IS wrong). The official press release from Direct on their own website from those who know more than your CSR, the TLE readings from the satellite, the test channels being shown (which I watched yesterday btw), and the inside info from those who work for Diret and are NEVER wrong, say that your CSR is wrong.

What is with the large font?

Trust me, your CSR (most know absolutely nothing about these things IS wrong). The official press release from Direct on their own website from those who know more than your CSR, the TLE readings from the satellite, the test channels being shown (which I watched yesterday btw), and the inside info from those who work for Diret and are NEVER wrong, say that your CSR is wrong.
I thought he said it WASNT a CSR. In any case, I take the info that we found here to appear factual

Status
Please reply by conversation.