DIRECTV Adds New HD Channels for Fall

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
9, lol

since regular receivers (R10, r15) and such can be plugged in to the 6x8 then the 5x8 (well 4 x 8 sinc eim not using the other input) should be able to be hooked into the 6x8 sucessfully. I could deal with 8 runs but would prefer 9... all the cables are run but ide like them to be live.

Geez, how many tv's do you need to watch at one time.

Your old 5x8 can't pass the KA signals from the new sats.

Yes I know this as i posted on page 10... I only need the KA signals for 1 receiver, it will be an hr20, but I need KU on a total of 9 runs... hens hooking the dish to the 6x8, the HR20 to the 6x8 (so far we have 6 outputs on teh 6x8 left, hook the 5x8 onto the 6x8, now we have 2 ports on the 6x8 left unused and 8 ports available on the 5x8 which will pass the KU band stuff.

Geez, how many tv's do you need to watch at one time.

3, possibly 4

Media Center Currently Runs off a D10, Living room is the HR10-250, Bedroom is a Hughes DVR-80, Office is R10, Guest Bedroom (occasionally have guests over for the night) is fed by a d10 as well.

The media center needs its own receiver, Itll keep the D10

The Hughes DVR will head to the guest room (hey it can never hurt to have a backup DVR)

The HR10-250 will head to the Bedroom in anticipation of a new HDtv and the HR20 will replace the living room.

so essentially i will be dropping a single run receiver and adding a dual run receiver..

my 5x8 is totally full

Yes I know this as i posted on page 10... I only need the KA signals for 1 receiver, it will be an hr20, but I need KU on a total of 9 runs... hens hooking the dish to the 6x8, the HR20 to the 6x8 (so far we have 6 outputs on teh 6x8 left, hook the 5x8 onto the 6x8, now we have 2 ports on the 6x8 left unused and 8 ports available on the 5x8 which will pass the KU band stuff.

Hey, if it works, awesome. FYI there is a 16 port Zinwell you could get that is also powered if you wanted to simplify it down to just one switch.

Hey, if it works, awesome. FYI there is a 16 port Zinwell you could get that is also powered if you wanted to simplify it down to just one switch.

I saw the post above about a 6x16, i may request it...

it doesnt bother me where all my houses networking and coax come together has plenty of space so i really dont mind, and everything is labled so... it kindof depends on what D* offers.

I saw the post above about a 6x16, i may request it...

it doesnt bother me where all my houses networking and coax come together has plenty of space so i really dont mind, and everything is labled so... it kindof depends on what D* offers.

Do you use an antenna by any chance that is combined into your sat signal? If so you will need to run a cable by itself after you get the new dish because it interferes with the new sat signals and isn't possible anymore.

Do you use an antenna by any chance that is combined into your sat signal? If so you will need to run a cable by itself after you get the new dish because it interferes with the new sat signals and isn't possible anymore.

yes antenna (80 inch boom in attic), no not combined

Whats your mirror fees every month,5 tvs is $20 just for being able to use them.Thats not even programming.

My son has one in the living room so the fees are $25 for the football seaon. But I get to wake up Sunday morning and walk into a sports bar. Sorta. The NFL is my passion in life, I'm old and retired and I want to enjoy the time I have left. When I was younger with a wife and children I could not have justified spending as much as I do on TV.

Agreed, sub & mirror fees are nothing compared to having all those HD games in your den with all your buddies, compared to paying for just 2 people to get season tix to your local team. God help you if your favorite team is not local like me; so...... HELLO NFL Superfan and mirroring fees. I still save money!

hmm, by the time football season rolls around, i should have 2 hr20's, 1 h20 and 2 sd receivers hooked up. of course, i might be in the poor house by then too!

My son has one in the living room so the fees are $25 for the football seaon. But I get to wake up Sunday morning and walk into a sports bar. Sorta. The NFL is my passion in life, I'm old and retired and I want to enjoy the time I have left. When I was younger with a wife and children I could not have justified spending as much as I do on TV.
Hey,don't get me wrong!! I think thats great.As soon as I get the kids out in about 15 years maybe I could do the same.:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)