DIRECTV Adds New HD Channels for Fall

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay, wanted to ask, if the channels are coming do i need a new dish and HR20 in order to get them, Ive got a phase 3 Hr10-250 currently, I have no problem getting the HR20 and new Dish, but dont want to bother if i dont need it. HD LIL is not available to me here, yet...we were skipped.

Okay, wanted to ask, if the channels are coming do i need a new dish and HR20 in order to get them, Ive got a phase 3 Hr10-250 currently, I have no problem getting the HR20 and new Dish, but dont want to bother if i dont need it. HD LIL is not available to me here, yet...we were skipped.

Yes you will. D* has said that all new HD programming will require the Ka/Ku dish and MPEG4 (H20/HR20) receiver. Since you have a HR10-250 you might be able to get a good deal on an upgrade, especially if you bought it back when it was $1K.

And they are all coming from the 99 and 103 orbital slots - the triple lnb dish does NOT receive signal from either.

Yes you will. D* has said that all new HD programming will require the Ka/Ku dish and MPEG4 (H20/HR20) receiver. Since you have a HR10-250 you might be able to get a good deal on an upgrade, especially if you bought it back when it was $1K.

OK, Ill probably keep the HR10-250 and put it in the bedroom as we are planning on getting a big HD for in there as well.

The lease price isnt all that bad, and I can buy a Slimline form someone, Ide prefer to installit myself anyway

OK, Ill probably keep the HR10-250 and put it in the bedroom as we are planning on getting a big HD for in there as well.

The lease price isnt all that bad, and I can buy a Slimline form someone, Ide prefer to installit myself anyway

I hear installing that can be a problem if you don't have a line signal device.

I've seen some folks post that they've gotten the STB, dish, switch and install for free or $20. The best way to get a good deal is call D*, say cancel at the first prompt and that gets you to retention. Let them know you have the HR10-250 and need to upgrade.

I've seen some folks post that they've gotten the STB, dish, switch and install for free or $20. The best way to get a good deal is call D*, say cancel at the first prompt and that gets you to retention. Let them know you have the HR10-250 and need to upgrade.

I dont want to lose the HR10-250 tho...

I used retention 2 years ago to get the HR10-250 cheap..lol

and ramy ive got a friend with a meter that works with the newer dishes (AT9 and SlimLine)

When I got my deal I did not have to return my HR10-250, they never even asked for it. I've seen post from other say that the regular CSR's will sometimes say they need to return it but the installer doesn't even want it and will even run new cables to install it in another room.

I dont want to lose the HR10-250 tho...

I used retention 2 years ago to get the HR10-250 cheap..lol

and ramy ive got a friend with a meter that works with the newer dishes (AT9 and SlimLine)

Cool, I may need to borrow it. :D

Shadow,
Using D* to set all this up should be free, let them deal with it.
If you decide to do it yourself, you'll have to buy the dish and the the rec..

If you decide to do it yourself, it can be done.
I set one up several weeks ago and all went well, I do not have a meter, but still have signals in the high 80's low 90, it will get better once I trim a few branches that I did not think were going to be an issue.

It's a friend so he's getting the tree trimmed.

But , Yes it would be better if I had a meter, but $400 for a birdog to us about once a year is not very economical. So I decided against it.

Jimbo

If you plan on having more than two receivers, it is pricey to DIY.

why would it be pricey? they wouldnt include the 6x8?

considering the way my phase 3 is installed I will have to get a pipe adapter for the Slimline anyway itll have to go on the existing pole (its a 12 foot, sunk 6 in the ground with 2 bags of cement, sch 40, so itll hold)

a quick search of ebay reveals the 6x8 can be had at about 40 bucks including shipping

shadow, you should be able to get the switch for free unless you are doing the install yourself!

I may consider letting an installer do it, Ill get a pip extender or fattener or whatever it is install it then let the installer put the dish in and peak it, while hes doing that ill hook the multiswitch up.

question... this will actually max the 6x8 out and ill need 1 more run... can i cascade my 5x8 off of it with those runs going to the receivers that dont need the other 2 ka sats? that way ide have 4 runs with the 5 sats and 8 without...

I may consider letting an installer do it, Ill get a pip extender or fattener or whatever it is install it then let the installer put the dish in and peak it, while hes doing that ill hook the multiswitch up.

question... this will actually max the 6x8 out and ill need 1 more run... can i cascade my 5x8 off of it with those runs going to the receivers that dont need the other 2 ka sats? that way ide have 4 runs with the 5 sats and 8 without...

How many runs do you need? I don't think you can use the 5x8 anymore, because the 6x8 will have to come first and then the signal won't be right to cascade off of that. I could be wrong about this though.

How many runs do you need? I don't think you can use the 5x8 anymore, because the 6x8 will have to come first and then the signal won't be right to cascade off of that. I could be wrong about this though.

9, lol

since regular receivers (R10, r15) and such can be plugged in to the 6x8 then the 5x8 (well 4 x 8 sinc eim not using the other input) should be able to be hooked into the 6x8 sucessfully. I could deal with 8 runs but would prefer 9... all the cables are run but ide like them to be live.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)