DirecTv and Dish Network Comparisons

Great job. I'm surprised DirecTV had so few exclusives compared to Dish. No wonder they are trying to lock up the MLB package....

If you have both services - which one has better quality of SD (not HD) channels
(CNN, E, MTV, etc) - I know locals may vary depending their local feed...

If you have both services - which one has better quality of SD (not HD) channels
(CNN, E, MTV, etc) - I know locals may vary depending their local feed...
It varys from channel to channel some are about the same on both some are better on one than the other, the SD distants on D* have better PQ than my E* SD locals (more bandwidth?)
grantsa said:
Which has fewer problems and which has better customer service/support?

Which has better dvr's?
I have had pretty good support with both providers, only had problems with my first D* receiver an Rca and that was lightning related... I've had to have 3 E* receivers replaced, but with no problems doing so...
directvfreak said:
Do you prefer one or the other?
I watch more E* but I have 2 E* HD dvr's however I daily watch my hour earlier version of the Nightly news from D* and usually watch some of both providers during the day...

Also can include as exclusives for D* the following:
FuelTV, TVG, NBAtv, FSN Prime Ticket, MASN, YES Network

It mentions the Super Stations as a Dish Exclusive.

Then it says it again under the HD Channel range, that the Supers are in there for HD.

Does everyone get the Supers in HD now if you sign up and get the SuperStation package?

I am not sure I understand the reference to the superstations in the section on mapped HD locals. But I don't think that anyone is trying to say that the superstations are available in HD.

It mentions the Super Stations as a Dish Exclusive.

Then it says it again under the HD Channel range, that the Supers are in there for HD.

Does everyone get the Supers in HD now if you sign up and get the SuperStation package?
I looked last night and it wasn't until this
Geronimo said:
I am not sure I understand the reference to the superstations in the section on mapped HD locals. But I don't think that anyone is trying to say that the superstations are available in HD.
That I figured it out and re-worded, Thanks :) for pointing it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts