DIRECTV and TiVo to Launch New HD DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am very excited about this. I dont think anyone does a DVR better than Tivo.. Hey, E liked it so much they ripped em off.

I have had no problems with the directv version of the DVR, I have had TIVO, and while I liked it I dont miss it, I am ok with the DTV version

jacm i didn't realize you had comcast. i hope i didn't offend you. let me ask you something since you probably know more than me about cable. couldn't you go to the Tivo website and get one of these dvr's yourself and you would be paying about $12.95 a month? i believe you wouldn't have to even call comcast for this. tivo makes dvr's for cable users and you would only have to go through tivo for this right?

You are talking about the standalone Tivo boxes, we are talking about DVRs made by D* or Comcrap that use Tivo software. Two different things.

BTW I had Comcrap years ago, don't know much about it now. Last time I called their service did not seem to have changed much, the lady on the other end still talked with a sleepy voice, as soon as she mentioned $17/mo. for any additional DVRs, I ended the conversation.

Oh Yeah!

And to think some here said "NEVER...EVER gonna happen." :clap :clap :clap

Well I must hand it to Directv. They knew they had a problem, and decided to fix it. My contract ends next summer, and Directv may just have saved 1 sub. ;)

P.S. Lets just hope they're wise enough to give the new box an OTA tuner as well as a true locals "scan".

couldn't we come up with a wish list and send it to them for the new tivo? :D

Tivo DVR's would make me come back. I bet there are others that left D* because of poor equipment as well.

That wasn't the only reason you left. You are worse than a yo-yo with how often you change providers.

I've only had 2 providers in the last 5 years. I might have dopped services( HD,base packs) from time to time, But over all D* major down fall was how they treated existing customers,Poor equipment, No premiums,and 24 month commitments for everything . As I said If D* Added more of a Premium selection,made a DVR that I could live with and maybe just maybe give an excisting customer something other then Showtime Free for 3 months for upgrading their service.

I am still using a DVR40 and it has never given me any problems. I have held off on getting HD because of the lease factor. But I had just about decided to bite the bullet when I saw the HR21 for $169 at BB last weekend. Now I believe I can wait another year and see what the future brings. All is speculation until we actually see the unit. But I am very, very happy that D* adn Tivo are working together on something new. BTW got a postcard from D* last week informing me that I was receiving a year of Showtime for free because of my long time sub. Thanks D* and thanks Tivo.

I have to agree Hemi starts to sound like a whiner, switching from one to the other only to see the grass greener on the one he is not sitting on:)

Things i missed from my old Tivo was multi room viewing and double buffered tuners. I'll be happy to switch back provided the cost isn't ridiculous. I'm guess by then D* will be offering their own boxes for next to nothing and the Tivo will be at a premium price.

This certainly isn't a good thing for E* either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)