DIRECTV Announces New HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah, it'd be nice if the marketing guys just kept their mouths shut until the feature was ready to release, rather than the last couple of years track record of announcing something to be available and then shoving it out the door unready or missing the date by a couple of months.

Sure, you may cement or gain a few customers with the early calls, but you lose all of your credibility with the customers who are paying attention.

As an FYI to directv, the customers who pay attention are also the most likely to pay their bills on time... ;)

And as always, I need to point out that they said 'May', but not what year. Or perhaps 'May' was just short for 'Maybe' :)

Yeah, it'd be nice if the marketing guys just kept their mouths shut until the feature was ready to release, rather than the last couple of years track record of announcing something to be available and then shoving it out the door unready or missing the date by a couple of months.

Sure, you may cement or gain a few customers with the early calls, but you lose all of your credibility with the customers who are paying attention.

As an FYI to directv, the customers who pay attention are also the most likely to pay their bills on time... ;)

And as always, I need to point out that they said 'May', but not what year. Or perhaps 'May' was just short for 'Maybe' :)

CFB,
99% of the D* sub's have NO IDEA that there is a new Sat up there waiting to be activated.

CFB,
99% of the D* sub's have NO IDEA that there is a new Sat up there waiting to be activated.

Yeah assumptions are really the best way to live... If 99% of people are simply unaware then Directv wouldn't have grown by a large amount when they began adding tons of hd in 2007/2008...

Do you even have any shred of evidence or was that number made up on the spot?

I really wouldn't act like the average person is a clueless individual. The activities you hear from idiots are usually dramatised by the news who are simply looking to sale based on sensationalism.

Last edited:
While not impossible, May would seem to be pushing it somewhat.

IF the satellite starts the drift by the end of this week, they should have no problems getting new hd up by the end of May.

While not impossible, May would seem to be pushing it somewhat.

They said May. I think they are beyond jumping the gun on press releases after the June of 2007 HBO press release about the new channels and other screw-ups.

But who knows? What are a few more weeks anyway? We have waited this long for these channels. And I hope this is just a start. HBO Zone east and HBO2 east are a start, but better not be an ending. I want HBO Comedy. I also want all the Max multichannels. Adding none won't cut it.

It was suppose to be scheduled for May, but the sat had addl testing to be done once up there, so it got pushed back.
I'm still hoping for May, but not looking as promising as it once was.

I am in no hurry as everything I currently watch is already in HD, this will be icing on the cake.

They requested the additional testing a FEW DAYS before the press release that said May.

I am in no hurry as everything I currently watch is already in HD, this will be icing on the cake.

Because it is all about Jimbo, and not the millions of movie and series lovers. Sports zealots aren't everything. I enjoy sports too, but they don't consume my television viewing. We are in serious need of some premium channel additions. And AMC HD should be here for the series. Tru HD... Investigation Discovery HD... and many more. It isn't just sports people want.

CFB,

And the other 1% are very vocal when they are unhappy about something. We love satellite, we love TV. I don't know about the other portion of the 1% but I complain when something is done to anger me and I praise when something is done right.

The press release has already been satisfied.

The put those 2 spanish stations that were on that list in HD last week so there u go.

They didnt say all in may....just that they would start in may....and they did.

The put those 2 spanish stations that were on that list in HD last week so there u go.

Lie like a politician... I assume you were paid by D* for that?

That is true. I doubt they would leave it at that for now, but they very well could.

Again, doubtful though.

CFB,

And 88.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot! ;)

If it was only 1% of their customers that wanted or knew that there was more HD coming, they wouldnt bother doing it. They've emailed, put all sorts of advertising out, tv ads, and every time I walk into Sams Club a guy runs over and starts blabbering about more HD coming and whether I want to sign up.

So I think its north of 1%.

Maybe we've also forgotten about shoving MRV aside and pushing the release out to get whatever they call the double buffering out the door, bugs included, because someone from marketing announced it in the directv newsletter?

So either more people are paying attention to announced features than 1%, or directv is triple dumb: spending money on advertising of new features when nobody is paying attention, spending on making the advertised features that nobody knows about, hurrying up to launch the features nobody knows about to meet the deadline nobody knows about.

And 88.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot! ;)

If it was only 1% of their customers that wanted or knew that there was more HD coming, they wouldnt bother doing it. They've emailed, put all sorts of advertising out, tv ads, and every time I walk into Sams Club a guy runs over and starts blabbering about more HD coming and whether I want to sign up.

So I think its north of 1%.

Maybe we've also forgotten about shoving MRV aside and pushing the release out to get whatever they call the double buffering out the door, bugs included, because someone from marketing announced it in the directv newsletter?

So either more people are paying attention to announced features than 1%, or directv is triple dumb: spending money on advertising of new features when nobody is paying attention, spending on making the advertised features that nobody knows about, hurrying up to launch the features nobody knows about to meet the deadline nobody knows about.

How dare you bring logic into a Directv fanboy discussion :mad:

But he said 1% know about the new sat....not 1% know about new HD.

I can see only 1% knowing about the new sat....in fact 1% might even be too high.

I can see only 1% knowing about the new sat....in fact 1% might even be too high.

That goes back to the guy above and the fact that directv is spending so much on the d12 ad campaign.

I grow tired of people acting like everyone is ignorant... I always find these types are the real ignorant ones.

Once again, do either of you have any valid proof on your statisics besides that you narcissitic fools made up something?

Last edited:
That goes back to the guy above and the fact that directv is spending so much on the d12 ad campaign.

I grow tired of people acting like everyone is ignorant... I always find these types are the real ignorant ones.

Once again, do either of you have any valid proof on your statisics besides that you narcissitic fools made up something?

Is the name calling really necessary?

Last week was April. And two stations that barely 10% of the population cares about hardly satisfies the press release.

I'm sure more than 1% of HD customers have called since all the HD adds of 2007 and 2008 to inquire about a channel or channels they wanted, "Hey DirecTV, where's the rest of the HBO's my neighbor on FIOS has?" They were told a new satellite was going up or up and that the capacity would be increased. They were informed by TV commercials and other media as well. I realize that there are a lot of idiots in our society but it doesn't take a satellite junkie to realize that increased "capacity" in the world of satellite TV would logically mean they put up another satellite. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)