DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah assumptions are really the best way to live... If 99% of people are simply unaware then Directv wouldn't have grown by a large amount when they began adding tons of hd in 2007/2008...

Do you even have any shred of evidence or was that number made up on the spot?

I really wouldn't act like the average person is a clueless individual. The activities you hear from idiots are usually dramatised by the news who are simply looking to sale based on sensationalism.

Ok, go down the street and at work and anywhere else you come across people in your daily life and ask them if they are aware of a new satellite that D* is getting ready to activate.

I beat 1 out of a 100 have any idea what your talking about.

Because it is all about Jimbo, and not the millions of movie and series lovers. Sports zealots aren't everything. I enjoy sports too, but they don't consume my television viewing. We are in serious need of some premium channel additions. And AMC HD should be here for the series. Tru HD... Investigation Discovery HD... and many more. It isn't just sports people want.

Hey, I never said anything about it being all about ME.
It actually sounds more like it's all about YOU.

I never said, Nope we don't want more channels in HD, I simply said none of the ones listed are ones I'm waiting for as I am quite happy with what we already have, with the exception of the Cinemax channel selection, which I have not heard anything about them adding.

And the other 1% are very vocal when they are unhappy about something. We love satellite, we love TV. I don't know about the other portion of the 1% but I complain when something is done to anger me and I praise when something is done right.

Hmmm, you must be a very anger person then as I have yet to see you say anything positive.

Ok, go down the street and at work and anywhere else you come across people in your daily life and ask them if they are aware of a new satellite that D* is getting ready to activate.

There is a difference between 1% of DirecTV's HD subscribers and random folks on the street. Beat that!

It actually sounds more like it's all about YOU.

Yeah, because I am the only one out there that wants more HD channels, other than sports channels. I want premiums, as do millions.

Cinemax channel selection, which I have not heard anything about them adding.

See the June 2007 press release announcing the addition of new HBO/MAX channels for a fall 2007 launch.

Hmmm, you must be a very anger person then as I have yet to see you say anything positive.

You sound like a broken record. You told me that like two years ago. I remember you because of your ridiculous Ohio and general sports fetish, and that name. why not just Jim? Why Jimbo? Where I come from a Jim or James is usually addressed as "Jimbo" when being talked down to. You desire to be addressed in such a derogatory fashion.

My opinion of you is that you care mostly about sports and couldn't give a hoot if the rest of us get our movie channels.

I also find it interesting now that you want Cinemax channels in HD but don't desire the other premium suites. Skinimax your thing? You should be pressing for Playboy HD and get something more mediumcore. Skinimax is pretty softcore.

Well, thats actually not at all what we were talking about.

We were talking about Directv announcing new HD channels in may, not a new satellite.

If only 1% of directvs customers have noticed their marketing efforts to tell them about new HD channels coming in may after getting advertised 9 ways from sunday, then they should stop spending money on their marketing efforts, and they sure dont have to worry about jumping out of their shoes to get something out by announcement dates, since nobody knew about them.

Right?

You sound like a broken record. You told me that like two years ago. I remember you because of your ridiculous Ohio and general sports fetish, and that name. why not just Jim? Why Jimbo? Where I come from a Jim or James is usually addressed as "Jimbo" when being talked down to. You desire to be addressed in such a derogatory fashion.

My opinion of you is that you care mostly about sports and couldn't give a hoot if the rest of us get our movie channels.

I also find it interesting now that you want Cinemax channels in HD but don't desire the other premium suites. Skinimax your thing? You should be pressing for Playboy HD and get something more mediumcore. Skinimax is pretty softcore.

Is this kind of post necessary?

Any post that adds to the discussion is necessary. Ever going to change your profile picture?

Even personal attacks? At least that is how it reads. If that is not your intention, I apologize.

And, no, not really planning on it.

Even personal attacks? At least that is how it reads. If that is not your intention, I apologize.

And, no, not really planning on it.

Not really a personal attack. I enjoy some skinimax myself. I wouldn't consider it an attack to inquire about wanting Cinemax only, among all premiums, and the possibility of his reasoning being skinimax. I was just saying he is THAT into that sort of thing he really needs to request Playboy HD... it is a little more revealing.

I could be wrong... maybe he just wants Cinemax for the movies, but why not other premium channels?

Anyway.. it doesn't matter.

Actually Jim and James was already taken ........

And your user name is something more significant ?

Well, thats actually not at all what we were talking about.

We were talking about Directv announcing new HD channels in may, not a new satellite.

If only 1% of directvs customers have noticed their marketing efforts to tell them about new HD channels coming in may after getting advertised 9 ways from sunday, then they should stop spending money on their marketing efforts, and they sure dont have to worry about jumping out of their shoes to get something out by announcement dates, since nobody knew about them.

Right?

How much of the D* advertising is out on the other providers other than D* ?
Do you here these commercials this often on Cable ? DISH Network ?

The reason I asked about Cinemax was because of the fact that they only have 3 channels where all the others have plenty more and the price is the same.
Nothing like you are thinking .
But then again you wouldn't know anything about that, all you want to do is make personal attacks, as usual.

Actually Jim and James was already taken ........

And your user name is something more significant ?

Yes, yes it does Jim.

I realize James and Jim would have been taken. You could have done JimJohns if your first and last name was Jim Johns or add a number. Jim69 or something.

Just busting your balls dude... Jimbo is fabulous.

Yes, yes it does Jim.

I realize James and Jim would have been taken. You could have done JimJohns if your first and last name was Jim Johns or add a number. Jim69 or something.

Just busting your balls dude... Jimbo is fabulous.

I don't need people criticizing me.
I can go elsewhere for that.

How is Jimjohns or any of the other ones you mentioned any better than Jimbo ?

Curious, how old are you, REALLY ?

You didn't write "Hmmm, you must be a very anger person then as I have yet to see you say anything positive." in regards to my post?

It cuts both ways Jimbo

You expect me to say something positive about you when you've been attacking me for the last several days ?

I've had enough of your childish games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)