DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Without moving totally off topic I use a slingbox for Directv, works good!

Back on topic....Hopefully soon on some new HD :)
If D* even thinks about putting a Slingbox in a D* receiver, I'm Switching to Cable.:D

E* knows how to Build good receivers, and we all seen what a big over priced POC that 922 is.

D* walk away from that sling box!:rant:

We will buy our own seperate Sling box unit.:)

elwaylite said:
By all accounts, it'll be a separate box and service (fee;see MRV). As said, my SB is only SD, so I'd love a reason to upgrade.

Why would someone pay a fee to use an external sling like box, when they can get the real thing with no fee?

Dunno, just what Ive heard.

While sling allows me to watch DVR's and live TV from another location, it does NOT allow me to load DVR'd programs onto a phone or laptop for a plane, or wherever.

Ummm, OK?

You are missing the entire big picture.

1) Regardless of what sling can do, programmers are NOT going to let you load dvr's programs onto anything with out some compensation'

2) Sling does no good on a plane, or in an area where you cannot get a decent data connection on the phone, which is basically once you leave the city.

3) Id love the idea of loading DVR'd programs onto my laptop, to watch whenever I wanted.

I have a sling box BTW, and it's not the end all of services, plenty of flaws. IMO, being able to move content off the DVR, onto a phone or computer is better for recorded stuff.

Ummm, OK?

1) Regardless of what sling can do, programmers are NOT going to let you load dvr's programs onto anything with out some compensation'

2) Sling does no good on a plane, or in an area where you cannot get a decent data connection on the phone, which is basically once you leave the city.

3) Id love the idea of loading DVR'd programs onto my laptop, to watch whenever I wanted.

I have a sling box BTW, and it's not the end all of services, plenty of flaws. IMO, being able to move content off the DVR, onto a phone or computer is better for recorded stuff.
I understand that. I was just clarifying for all that you can still stream recorded material on a Sling and do so without paying additional fees.

Ummm, OK?

Excellent post!:up

"entire big picture" is not very good grammar! :)

I just thought of something else. Stocking up on movies for a trip, mostly for kids. You could also load them on to something that would play in the car. All speculation though.

How far off topic can this thread get before a moderator takes "discretion", per ScottG's announcement, and starts cleaning it up?

It's too bad the new HD Sony Movie Channel will be delayed... I was curious about how bad the giant logo is...

If you notice, everyone quit posting off topic at 0900 this morning, so you're a little late.

As far as the logo, Ive not seen it, but the way everyone complains, it must be bad.

If you notice, everyone quit posting off topic at 0900 this morning, so you're a little late.

As far as the logo, Ive not seen it, but the way everyone complains, it must be bad.
My point was not about people continuing to post OT, but rather was about cleaning up the thread and removing those posts. But I guess that is what discretion is about ... it's discretionary! LOL

So yeah, I haven't even seen an image of the logo, so I wanted to see for my self. My thought is the logo could be huge, but if it's opaque I could learn to ignore it. If it's bright-white or rotates or something, then, hell no ... the logo's got to go. I know all channels need that "bug" for identity, but when you pay a premium or pay extra for new HD, then you don't want that logo so "in your face"!

My point was not about people continuing to post OT, but rather was about cleaning up the thread and removing those posts. But I guess that is what discretion is about ... it's discretionary! LOL

So yeah, I haven't even seen an image of the logo, so I wanted to see for my self. My thought is the logo could be huge, but if it's opaque I could learn to ignore it. If it's bright-white or rotates or something, then, hell no ... the logo's got to go. I know all channels need that "bug" for identity, but when you pay a premium or pay extra for new HD, then you don't want that logo so "in your face"!

I think since everyone shutup, they'll leave the posts alone :)

Scott posted pics of the Sony Movie Channel logo when it was in testing:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...08-9-22-2010-5-07pm-uplink-2.html#post2334639
Click on his attached thumbnails to see it.

Well, could be worse. The new ESPN 4 tier ticker at the bottom of Coll Fball games is the worst yet.

I have a DirectTV2GO and love it. Works grrat to tailgate. I would not call it a fail
Are you sure what you have isn't a SatGo?

DIRECTV2Go was to be a setup very much like Echostar's PocketDISH that allows the user to transfer shows from a receiver to the handheld device for later playback. It was to be based on the RCA LYRA.

You: Satracer: At 4:03 yesterday. Did you just have to make the same statement again?
Different forum with one what might assume to be a somewhat different group of disciples. The question remains as valid here as it was there.

The fact that satelliteracer made some excited (but trademark uninformative) comments doesn't change much. It is reminiscent of the popular apologist insistence that the HMC30 of the 201? is really nothing like the D-HR20P of 2005 when they appear to achieve the largely the same goal refreshed for the technology of the day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts