DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My point was not about people continuing to post OT, but rather was about cleaning up the thread and removing those posts. But I guess that is what discretion is about ... it's discretionary! LOL

!
Well since D* hasn't launched a HD channel in quite sometime now, There wouldn't be any posts in here if Scott cleaned this up.

What we should have is a Sticky Post that has nothing but HD channel launches and dates, that no one can post in.

Well since D* hasn't launched a HD channel in quite sometime now, There wouldn't be any posts in here if Scott cleaned this up.
Actually, they did launch a channel while you were out. It happened to be a Spanish language channel (MegaHD) on 119W. Not all that much different from the earlier successive launches of soccer channels back in August.

what D*has launched with this new SAT so far has been disappointing. i am happy with travel and some of the premiums they added for those who sub to them. but more rsn's and what else? i'm not too impressed.

Different forum with one what might assume to be a somewhat different group of disciples. The question remains as valid here as it was there.

The fact that satelliteracer made some excited (but trademark uninformative) comments doesn't change much. It is reminiscent of the popular apologist insistence that the HMC30 of the 201? is really nothing like the D-HR20P of 2005 when they appear to achieve the largely the same goal refreshed for the technology of the day.

Anyone have a bridge for the troll?

For those of us with older, burn-in prone HDTVs, those logos are killers.

My CRT-RP set is now 7 years old with no burn-in, darn if I'm going to risk it now by watching old movies on the SMC if that logo is always up.

I have to own the movie to be able to watch it. Plus, think about all the CN and Disney crap you could record for them.

This may be out of context, I have not read the page or so before, so if so I apologize.
Do you really have to own a movie to be able to watch it?
I know this is not on the original topic, just curious.
You do not rent anything?

When traveling you would be able to download or stream what you want. Will be much easier than renting.

Jimbo said:
Unless your in a plane, that was mentioned earlier.
I'm in the same boat, I'll be flying and the internet is not available.

You can watch DOWNLOADED material on a plane.:)

Jimbo said:
Of course you can, provided you have a way to do such a thing.

I like my Samsung Epic phone, but I can't use it on the plane to connect at all.

Speculation is that you may be able to download martial from dvr to portable device. Speculating also to stream from dvr.

Never mind about my earlier post elway, looking at it again this morning I understand what you meant.

Sony HD in the guide!

untitled.jpg

I don't know if this has been said already but Channel 294 is HUB. And for those that wanted Sony Movie Channel my girl has Dish....its pretty whack. It's like G4 minues Web Soup.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)