DIRECTV Announces New HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DIRECTV has announced 30 new HD channels coming to DIRECTV this May.

DIRECTV: Press Release: DIRECTV Extends Its HD lead With Over 160 HD Channels

Among the 30 new HD channels that DIRECTV will begin launching next month are:
  • CSN Bay Area HD
  • CSN California HD
  • Encore HD East
  • ESPNU HD
  • FSN Florida HD
  • GolTV HD
  • Hallmark Channel HD
  • Hallmark Movie Channel HD
  • HBO2 East HD
  • HBO Zone HD
  • Lifetime HD
  • MSNBC HD
  • Showtime Beyond HD
  • Showtime Next HD
  • Showtime Women HD
  • STARZ Cinema HD
  • STARZ In Black HD
  • Telefutura HD West
  • TMC Xtra HD East
  • Travel Channel HD
  • Univision HD East
  • WGN HD
  • Additional DIRECTV Cinema Channels

DIRECTV Continues To Deliver More Full Time HD Than Any Other Provider With The Addition Of Over 30 New HD Channels -Bringing DIRECTV's HD Lineup to More Than 160
MSNBC HD, ESPNU HD, Travel Channel HD, Hallmark Channel HD, Lifetime HD and Univision HD Are Among the New HD Channels to Begin Launching in May

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., Apr 20, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DIRECTV, the world's most popular video service, continues to deliver more full time HD channels than any other television provider in the nation with the addition of over 30 new HD channels. These new channels will begin rolling out in May and will continue in the following few months bringing DIRECTV's total HD channel lineup to more than 160.

Among the 30 new HD channels that DIRECTV will begin launching next month are:

CSN Bay Area HD
Showtime Beyond HD

CSN California HD
Showtime Next HD

Encore HD East
Showtime Women HD

ESPNU HD
Starz Cinema HD

FSN Florida HD
Starz In Black HD

GolTV HD
Telefutura HD West

Hallmark Channel HD
TMC Xtra HD East

Hallmark Movie Channel HD
Travel Channel HD

HBO2 East HD
Univision HD East

HBO Zone HD
WGN HD

Lifetime HD
Additional DIRECTV Cinema Channels

MSNBC HD

"From day one we have led the way with HD and, to the dismay of our competitors, that has not changed," said Derek Chang, executive vice president, Content Strategy and Development for DIRECTV. "While DISH Network is very skilled at grossly inflating their HD numbers, you'd be hard pressed to find an actual list of comprehensive HD channels that match their recent claims. We invite consumers to go to DIRECTV.com/hdchannels to see a list of all of DIRECTV's more than 160 HD channels. We challenge DISH to publish a list of all their full-time HD channels so consumers can decide and count for themselves."

In addition to the new HD channels, beginning this June, DIRECTV will launch a suite of 3D channels, which will include N3D(TM) powered by Panasonic, ESPN 3D, a 3D DIRECTV Cinema channel; and a 3D DIRECTV on Demand channel.

DIRECTV continues to lead the industry with the most sports in HD by broadcasting exclusive interactive sports packages like NFL SUNDAY TICKET(TM) and NCAA(R) MEGA MARCH MADNESS(TM) all in crystal-clear HD. DIRECTV will also continue to add HD content to its DIRECTV on Demand platform. In addition, DIRECTV delivers local HD programming to 138 markets, representing 92 percent of U.S. TV households.

About DIRECTV

Well I guess D12 better be fine now, there's the official release!

On that list that especially pleases me: ESPNU, WGN!!!!, Travel (suprise), more HBO & Showtime, and Encore (suprise).

The one that is not on the list that I'd really like with many other people: AMC. Breaking Bad & Mad Men really suck in SD.

Just for clarity, the 30 new channels will 'begin' to roll out in May. Some will be rolled out in the following months.

Honestly, I see in that list all I have asked for when it comes to new HD. Anything else, and even many listed here, are just gravy.

"While DISH Network is very skilled at grossly inflating their HD numbers, you'd be hard pressed to find an actual list of comprehensive HD channels that match their recent claims. We invite consumers to go to DIRECTV.com/hdchannels to see a list of all of DIRECTV's more than 160 HD channels. We challenge DISH to publish a list of all their full-time HD channels so consumers can decide and count for themselves."

HA HA HA , This is the best, Lets see that List Charlie.

I challenge Dish to come up with a list too.

Lets see, Grass grow HD, paint dry HD, Earth from space HD, Twitter HD, and Charlie Chat HD.

A little effort, an HD camera for the Dish studio and another 50 PPV/VOD and Dish has that 200 they claim.

Lets see, Grass grow HD, paint dry HD, Earth from space HD, Twitter HD, and Charlie Chat HD.

A little effort, an HD camera for the Dish studio and another 50 PPV/VOD and Dish has that 200 they claim.
Check out the war zone. And look at the Directv HD list I came up with.
I did the counting Dish Does.:)

At the very least I think its good that there is competion for "HD Channels" Direct put this list out (Press release) after Dish added a few more HD channels.

Kudos to Direct for adding more HD channels

"While DISH Network is very skilled at grossly inflating their HD numbers, you'd be hard pressed to find an actual list of comprehensive HD channels that match their recent claims. We invite consumers to go to DIRECTV.com/hdchannels to see a list of all of DIRECTV's more than 160 HD channels. We challenge DISH to publish a list of all their full-time HD channels so consumers can decide and count for themselves."

Maybe that could be one of the first items on Scott's "to do" list from Charlie . . . j/k :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)