DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lets ekep it on topic guys and not a war zone thread. There are plenty of those already there to vault the "how many HD channels does _____________ have?"

Lots of new DirecTV pages with today's announcement. This one on the hompeage has this statement:

DISH Network can claim what they want, but if you want the best value in TV, the most full-time HD channels1, the most sports2, the best DVR and the highest customer satisfaction3, you've got to get DIRECTV. Join the 50 million Americans who enjoy DIRECTV every day and already know the truth. From July 2008 through June 2009 alone, DIRECTV added over one million new customers. During the same period, Dish Network lost 180,000 customers.

Kinda a low blow there, but nothing we didn't already know :D

DIRECTV: DIRECTV vs Dish Network: Overview

Anyway, with the addition of several marketing pages we can see they've been preparing for a bit to have 'release day' in response to Dish's 200 day.

A side note, the HD page on directv's site shows WGN HD in the coming soon list and the available now list, so they still have some glitches in their new pages ;)

I WISH WGN HD was available now.

FINALLY CSN BAY AREA & CSN CALIFORNIA

SF bay area is the 4th largest in the US and we didn't have a FT HD channel, yet much smaller metro areas did, never did understand that one, FINALLY all Warrior, Giant and A's games that are available via Comcast SN will be in HD !!!! Can't wait !!!

Iceberg-
My point was that this has indeed become a war zone thread. The announcement was made and that was about DirecTV, but when the first person adds to the thread a post with the subject about DishNetwork then it becomes a war zone thread. Should be moved so threads here (and in the Dish section) stay to the topics and not debates on which is better, bigger numbers, contest, battles etc. That is war zone stuff. It would be nice to come to a section and see threads with just facts about that section topic. We have a war zone for Dish vs DirecT so lets use that for the debates.

I agree Hemi
The thread was fine until, honestly Don, YOU said "since this is war zone material". As I read through the 1st batch of posts other than a couple minor nuisance posts it was going just fine.

So now back to topic....I'm very happy D* is adding more HD, ESPNU in HD is awesome. Seen lots of games already via ESPNU-HD ;)

I agree Hemi
The thread was fine until, honestly Don, YOU said "since this is war zone material". As I read through the 1st batch of posts other than a couple minor nuisance posts it was going just fine.

So now back to topic....I'm very happy D* is adding more HD, ESPNU in HD is awesome. Seen lots of games already via ESPNU-HD ;)
Thank you.

Directv's Press release stated this.

"While DISH Network is very skilled at grossly inflating their HD numbers, you'd be hard pressed to find an actual list of comprehensive HD channels that match their recent claims. We invite consumers to go to DIRECTV.com/hdchannels to see a list of all of DIRECTV's more than 160 HD channels. We challenge DISH to publish a list of all their full-time HD channels so consumers can decide and count for themselves."

There is absolutly no reason we can't discuss this part of the press release in the D* forum.

Now if we brought this over the the Dish Forum, like Don brought over the E* press release ,that would be a War.

It just amazes me how many grown men have to argue who has better sat service.

I don't go to the E* side and say ha ha my sat provider is better, why do people have to do that here?

I don't go to the E* side and say ha ha my sat provider is better, why do people have to do that here?
Making up for lost time, when E* was nothing.

Now both are better at some things then others.

D* has never been fast at adding channels.
But they do add some good ones when they need too.

How did Dish go from 160 HD channels to 200 by just adding 8 channels?

I don't get the math.

god forbid i would ever applaud swanni for anything but he really called charlie on the carpet today for the 200 national hd claim. according to swanni, the rest are ppv channels which some can only be accessed from the 922 slingbox dvr.

I wonder how many of the 30 channels are going to be additional DIRECTV Cinema channels.

And while I don't speak spanish I would love Univision and Telefutura in HD... those spanish channels have the hostest women hosts. ;)

I usually have my wife translate for me, as I pretend to be learning Spanish:)

A side note, the HD page on directv's site shows WGN HD in the coming soon list and the available now list, so they still have some glitches in their new pages ;)

I WISH WGN HD was available now.

cable has been very, very good to me. in fact the cubs game is on wgn tonite. time to fire up my tivo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)