DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
breaking bad is awesome in hd.

yes, I know... from 9 months after the season ends and I watch them all again on Bluray! haha... but I still want my AMC HD so I can see the new episodes in HD.

They should have added AMC before Hallmark and as far as the premiums, I still want to see more HBO and some Cinemax. HBO Zone is a nice add, now if they can give us HBO Comedy later that would be cool.

god forbid i would ever applaud swanni for anything but he really called charlie on the carpet today for the 200 national hd claim. according to swanni, the rest are ppv channels which some can only be accessed from the 922 slingbox dvr.

Agreed, he pretty much tore them apart with their claims. But, he also tore Directv apart too because of the new list that they announced, he expressed it should have been more national HD (TCM, G4, etc). I find it to be a good read at times, I know there are haters out there, but I read everything.

• CSN Bay Area HD
  • CSN California HD
  • Encore HD East
  • ESPNU HD
  • GolTV HD
  • HBO2 East HD
  • HBO Zone HD
  • MSNBC HD

• Showtime Beyond HD
  • Showtime Next HD
  • Showtime Women HD
  • STARZ Cinema HD
  • STARZ In Black HD
  • Telefutura HD West
  • TMC Xtra HD East
  • Travel Channel HD
  • Univision HD East
  • WGN HD
GREAT START!:up
Now if we could get nat geo wild, g4 added to that list!!:hungry:

• CSN Bay Area HD
  • CSN California HD
  • Encore HD East
  • ESPNU HD
  • GolTV HD
  • HBO2 East HD
  • HBO Zone HD
  • MSNBC HD

• Showtime Beyond HD
  • Showtime Next HD
  • Showtime Women HD
  • STARZ Cinema HD
  • STARZ In Black HD
  • Telefutura HD West
  • TMC Xtra HD East
  • Travel Channel HD
  • Univision HD East
  • WGN HD
GREAT START!:up
Now if we could get nat geo wild, g4 added to that list!!:hungry:
i saw those in a list posted by satracer on the other site. so it looks like we will see those later this year. i would believe what he says since just yesterday he posted that we would see new HD in May then D* announces this today. the guy is reliable for sure :)

Decent start. Hopefully they will continue to add new channels. Kind of disappointed to see 25% of the new channels are more HD PPV when there are still lots of channels left to provide.

I'm still waiting for:
AMC HD
BBCA
Outdoor Channel HD
G4 HD
Cinemax HD
ActionMAX HD
MoreMAX HD
ThrillerMAX HD
@MAX HD
5StarMAX HD
OuterMAX HD

These would be cool too, but not as important to me:
HBO Signature HD
HBO Family HD
HBO Comedy HD
Starz Kids & Family HD
IFC HD
fuse HD
truTV HD

Will there be space left on D12 after this or will I need to wait for D13 before any hope of getting the channels above?

This is very good news, because now Charlie can try to stay one step ahead of DTV. I believe Charlie will be adding a few more HD's in MAY 2010 when E14 goes live. QVC, Outdoor Channel, & RDF TV HD.

Will there be space left on D12 after this or will I need to wait for D13 before any hope of getting the channels above?

Yes there will be. D12 has the capacity for 70-80 channels. They've only announced 30. Plenty of room for more. As I posted earlier SatelliteRacer from the other site has indicated that this is just the beginning and more will be coming. AMC and IFC have been seen uplinked in testing so they probably will come eventually.

I believe Mad Men starts season 4 at the end of July, I bet we will have AMC by then or close to that start date. Just a prediction.

Agreed 100%

Ironically I have Charter Triple play with my Directv. No AMC-HD however, I get AMC-HD on Demand which resolves this issue. SD anything a LCD or Plasma sucks. Also until this announcement I had to venture to my Charter box to watch Lifetime in HD. There is a few shows we watch.

This is a start, now lets see what else happens. E! needs to be next as my wife watches it too much and I can't stand it in SD. bad enough her two of her soaps are still in SD.

some HD is better than no HD. i was hoping for G4 HD in time for E3 in June. here's hoping it comes in time!
just watch online, much better coverage than crappy G4.

Really glad to see ESPNU and WGN America coming at last

Gosh Dodger, I'm mostly in it for sports and thought that was a good list to start.

WGN, ESPNU, several more 24/7 RSNs - which frees more space for the odd-feed games (like SD4, Rogers, etc) that get skipped sometimes due to bandwith, and pretty much guarantees those RSN feeds (the ones going 24/7) in HD for every game.

Plus the movie channels is fixing a long term problem with Directv. If someone pays for HBO they deserve more than 2 HD channels.

Yeah now only if mangement would fix the Cinemax problem .

I agree Hemi
The thread was fine until, honestly Don, YOU said "since this is war zone material". As I read through the 1st batch of posts other than a couple minor nuisance posts it was going just fine.

So now back to topic....I'm very happy D* is adding more HD, ESPNU in HD is awesome. Seen lots of games already via ESPNU-HD ;)
Sorry. My post were negative and they should not have been. This is actually good news for most HD subs.

Not that I read every page on this, but are all these new HD's for free? :confused:

I would assume D* is paying a bunch more for all this.

Maybe some of them will be in that silly HD 2nd tier for $5.00

And all you guys bitching how some certain channel is missing:eek:

How greedy, you're not happy with over 100?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts