DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wish they'd said that in the update. I cant wait for the bunch of HR20 owners who run out and buy a 3d tv and then find out they need a new box and a new 2 year commitment.

I'm sure they will, with a new 2 year contract. I havent heard anything about the HR20's being replaced for free without a contract because someone wanted 3d, using the same mechanism they did for mpeg4 only locals receiver replacements or replacing the HR10-250's.

Do you need a different package to recieve ESPN3D? or you get it for free if you already have ESPN?.

BB announced this while they NO LONGER even SELL D* ?

Guess they really wanna sell the 3d tv and those high priced glasses that i assume you have to buy to see anything...that would be hard on a family of 5 and then if you had company I guess you would have to take turns with the glasses;)

Not sure if this was posted but Twitter page now has free offer of HD up.

Directv twitter page:

" For a limited time, DIRECTV is offering free HD to existing customers! Call us at (800) 531-5000 to see if you qualify. "

Guess they really wanna sell the 3d tv and those high priced glasses that i assume you have to buy to see anything...that would be hard on a family of 5 and then if you had company I guess you would have to take turns with the glasses;)

And glasses are $ 250 EACH !

I am not sure if it has been posted here yet or not, but Satelliteracer at dbstalk is saying there is a TENTATIVE festivus next week of at least 10 channels, some premium, some basic.

I am not sure if it has been posted here yet or not, but Satelliteracer at dbstalk is saying there is a TENTATIVE festivus next week of at least 10 channels, some premium, some basic.

Well that would be cool, most had thought it would be a week later !

He has since modified his statement to this.

Festivus is tentatively scheduled for a few weeks from now. Double digit Festivus coming, many of the Premium variety but also some that are part of base package offerings.

However, he did also say this.

Crud. Brain fry. Not next week, week after. My humblest apologies.

So it appears 6/23 is date for the next round of launches.

Excellent news for everyone. Around the 23rd, premiums we've been missing and some base stuff too, which could be anything given all they have announced is premiums and some PPV.

Edit: double checked and they haven't launched Hallmark and Lifetime, which are both announced. So I guess there is no guarantee of anything past what they have already announced, at this point anyway.

Last edited:
Excellent news for everyone. Around the 23rd, premiums we've been missing and some base stuff too, which could be anything given all they have announced is premiums and some PPV.

Edit: double checked and they haven't launched Hallmark and Lifetime, which are both announced. So I guess there is no guarantee of anything past what they have already announced, at this point anyway.

hallmark and lifetime are in hd and have been for quite awhile. i had hallmark hd on cable and lifetime hd has been available on dish.

Not sure if this was posted but Twitter page now has free offer of HD up.

Directv twitter page:

" For a limited time, DIRECTV is offering free HD to existing customers! Call us at (800) 531-5000 to see if you qualify. "

That wasn't from Directv, just someone posting about it. I need to call them as much as hate to.

hallmark and lifetime are in hd and have been for quite awhile. i had hallmark hd on cable and lifetime hd has been available on dish.

You misunderstood me, I mean DirecTv hasn't launched Lifetime or Hallmark.

My original statement was that all DirecTV had announced was more premiums and PPV (plus a couple more RSNs). I forgot that DirecTV announced Hallmark and Lifetime.

I was getting at we could see nationals that hadn't been announced, like AMC or something, but that assumption was wrong since I forgot they announced those two.

You misunderstood me, I mean DirecTv hasn't launched Lifetime or Hallmark.

My original statement was that all DirecTV had announced was more premiums and PPV (plus a couple more RSNs). I forgot that DirecTV announced Hallmark and Lifetime.

I was getting at we could see nationals that hadn't been announced, like AMC or something, but that assumption was wrong since I forgot they announced those two.

sorry, jay, my bad.

This is what was announced last month but hasn't launched

Encore HD East
Hallmark Channel HD
HBO2 HD East
HBO Zone HD
Lifetime HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Women HD
Starz Cinema HD
Starz InBlack HD
TMC Xtra HD East
FSN Florida HD
CSN Bay Area HD
CSN California HD
Additional HD PPV

Gol TV was announce as well but it isn't scheduled to go HD until August.

No word that I'm aware of if there will be more beyond this group added on 6/23. Also let me add that it has also been stated that there will be more channels launched at some point besides these. After the initial batch of 30 channels are launched, there is capacity for 50 more. What D* will do with them, who the heck knows.

Also the word "elsewhere" is that the amelioration has completed successfully, but no other details are available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)