DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you're in that region yes, Giants and A's.

S~

i got the MLB EI Package, can you tell me what Channels number are? please and tomorrow i will do it because my house it build very funny, meaning every time i reset mine receciver its take 8-10hrs for mine the HD guide and i cant go pass 2 days without the guide messing up

Wow...a channel for a sport 1% of the legal US population cares exists while AMCHD is still not on. Great job D*! It's all been downhill ever since News Corp. sold us subscribers down the river with the Liberty deal.

Since you probably don't know anything about the behind the scenes negotiating for these and other channels, and why they aren't on yet, I would say your angst is misplaced.

Same ol selfish story, different day. Did not get channel I wanted, so I must whine about it and use useless percentages and numbers to make my case.

Adding GOL HD has nothing to do with Direct not adding something else, like AMC HD. They have plenty of bandwidth for GOL and many more channels.

Wow...a channel for a sport 1% of the legal US population cares exists while AMCHD is still not on. Great job D*! It's all been downhill ever since News Corp. sold us subscribers down the river with the Liberty deal.

Kind of narrow minded Gol actually could increase the subscriber count because of an under developed market and increase revenue than can be used to purchase rights to other channels. Obviously you do not remember your MAD Men episode regarding minorities purchasing TVS

If you added up the total number of members in this and similar Forums, you would have a tiny number of people and a very skewed demographic compared to the 19 million homes that D* is in.

I think D* does a pretty good job of pleasing most of its customers most of the time in terms of the HD progamming it offers, and negotiating carriage licenses can be a very tricky business. If it wasn't, D* and other providers would have been offering AMC HD, BBC HD etc long ago. :)

If you added up the total number of members in this and similar Forums, you would have a tiny number of people and a very skewed demographic compared to the 19 million homes that D* is in.

I think D* does a pretty good job of pleasing most of its customers most of the time in terms of the HD progamming it offers, and negotiating carriage licenses can be a very tricky business. If it wasn't, D* and other providers would have been offering AMC HD, BBC HD etc long ago. :)

Nice and concise post. :up

Satelliteracer has confirmed that they do a lot of studies on what channels people want, and let's face it, it's working for them quite well. We are a small portion.

Satelliteracer has confirmed that they do a lot of studies on what channels people want, and let's face it, it's working for them quite well. We are a small portion.
Not to mention that the Q2 reports have shown a very strong growth in LA subscriptions. This is one channel that makes the Latin packages even more enticing for those subs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts