DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually, he wrote

Dear elwaylite,

mitchflorida has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - DIRECTV Announces New HD! - in the The DIRECTV Forum forum of SatelliteGuys.US.

This thread is located at:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/210280-directv-announces-new-hd-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

Having to watch National Geographic in SD is so sad. . . .
the first time, but musta changed it. I have it in my email ;)

I'm still waiting on
AMC
BBC
DIY
E!
G4
HLN
IFC
Nat Geo Wild
Outdoor channel
TCM

Its a shame that E* and c* get to enjoy some of these while we're still waiting on them.

Don't forget the Cooking Channel also. I am on the verge of pulling the trigger for Direct but they are short a few channels that I actually watch like BBC, E and G4:(

*big* request for HBO Comedy (in HD or otherwise) here... one of my favorite things from HBO is their stand up specials--of which they've had many over the years. Too bad their archives are mostly relegated to HBO Comedy these days--at least we got HBO Zone... maybe it'll be like E* in reverse? They got HBO Comedy first, then a year or so later got HBO Zone.

--Nat

The only rumor I believe was a small wave that we've already had with some soccer channels.

i has a discussion with a tech yesterday, he was in oregon no new hd any times soon.Where he know or not i don't know.

I'm starting to think they don't plan to add anything soon. Sucks.

I thought you were going to cancel DIRECTV a few months ago unless they added your favorite HD channels.

I'm starting to think you're a big talker but you don't follow thru.

I thought you were going to cancel DIRECTV a few months ago unless they added your favorite HD channels.

i cancelled dish in june and switch to directv ,you need to get your facts straight before you start jacking your jaws.I did follow thru. Like D better than E.:rant:

i cancelled dish in june and switch to directv ,you need to get your facts straight before you start jacking your jaws.I did follow thru. Like D better than E.:rant:

He wasn't talking about you. He was talking about sudnshok, as that is who he quoted.

I said I'd give them a chance to make good with the new bird since they were out of bandwidth. That time is running out though since it has been up for over a month now, so bandwidth is no longer the issue. I'd rather not switch since it is a hassle, but I am also not going to wait until November for them to add at least some of the stuff I am missing.

While waiting for Directv to add more national HD channels just remember that DISH added WGNHD long before Directv...and that's a SPORTS (Cubs/Soxs) channel!!! So, its best not to expect too much, especially since they can no longer blame space limitations.

While waiting for Directv to add more national HD channels just remember that DISH added WGNHD long before Directv...and that's a SPORTS (Cubs/Soxs) channel!!! So, its best not to expect too much, especially since they can no longer blame space limitations.

First of all WGN is NOT a Sports Channel.
It's a regular programming channel that will have Sports from time to time.
The majority of the Sox/Cubs games are on the RSN, most of the Cub's games are during the day time with Primetime programming in the evening.

I said I'd give them a chance to make good with the new bird since they were out of bandwidth. That time is running out though since it has been up for over a month now, so bandwidth is no longer the issue. I'd rather not switch since it is a hassle, but I am also not going to wait until November for them to add at least some of the stuff I am missing.

One month for a sat to be up in the air before channels show up is really very little time.
That said, it's been up there longer than that .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)