DirecTV announces new local H/D DMA's(Local HD Programming In 76 Markets by Mid-2008)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Furthermore, in the top 15 DMAs - which represents 37.532% of U.S. television households:

DirecTV offers 7 HD local channels in 2 of those markets
They offer 6 HD local channels in 8 of those markets

They offer 5 HD local channels in 4 of those markets.

And they only offer the big 4 in 1 (BOSTON).

all examples are excluding RSNS.

Questioner post the numbers in those 15 markets from the competition.

Ok, it will take me a bit of time though considering how many more providers I have to research than just directv.

I can tell you right now Verizon and Cable have more Locals per DMA then Either Satellite company. I'm not sure why anyone would argue with that. With Fios NY has 30 Locals +7 HD locals

What are you guys compairing? Locals on D* vs Fios?

In reality this thread was hijacked and this was NOT the topic. But as always someone had to come in and flap their yap about something off topic and that is where we are now. (not you Hemi, just answering your ???)

In reality this thread was hijacked and this was NOT the topic. But as always someone had to come in and flap their yap about something off topic and that is where we are now. (not you Hemi, just answering your ???)
I was wondering what was going on? Fios and Cable everyone knows they have neighboring rights for locals, HD might be a different story, But We all know Satellite is never going to have more HD then enough to get them by, as far as locals go! Satellite still has markets that don't even have Locals at all ! and D* is 14 years old. How old is FIOS TV? This is an argument the Satellite is never going to win. Unless some of these rules and laws,"that seem to be for satellite TV only " get dropped! Fios will grow! Remember when D* only had LA and NY for locals. It was that way for quite sometime when they started out! Fiber optics is the future ,COAX isn't.

Last edited:
It's ok to post your results 1 or 2 markets at a time - that way you should have something to report back today.

must be quiet at work today, eh sco? so you have plenty of time to stare at your computer monitor anticipating q's info? what did you tell me the other day?

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH :)

I'm gathering from all this Questioner is not on what I would call your favorites list!:eek:

He-she is most notorious for posting very antagonizing remarks that almost always have no basis in fact and he-she is so wrong so often it is amazing he-she continues to post; Q also claims to have "connections" or inside contacts which makes the inaccuracy of some of the claims laughable.

As for Scobuck, I think he also has info that Q is a renamed outcast from another site or two, but I will leave that for him to discuss.

"They are still only a niche player, small potatoes."

Yep, like most cable and broadband providers. Directv is an exception...

Yes and because Verizon is a full service communications provider, they can offer high quality phone, internet access, and TV through a single line for a discounted rate. Directv can not. Until they do, they will always be small potatoes in the communications world.

So Q, is Directv small potatoes? I'm confused...

Sco you have figured out the way to keep questioner from posting on this thread :p

Two days and still nothing from Q? He/She Must be doing a whole lot of detailed research to be able to present a big chart with lots of FACTS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)