DirecTV announces new local H/D DMA's(Local HD Programming In 76 Markets by Mid-2008)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea,Right after I just "moved" my service address back to my real address. I was using my Mothers address,to get NY locals. OH Well! I'm done moving. WPIX is channel 11 not 12 from NY. Might want to edit that.

thanks for catching my typo - I have edited the original.

Here is the DirecTV chart - now its YOUR TURN TO PRODUCE. As you said you would. Step up time for you.

DIRECTV HD Locals by DMA Ranking

Thanks NEWSHAWK

LOL, that shows nothing about how directv's coverage in those areas compares to competitors in those different dmas. It's definitely missing some key columns if you are intent on making your hopeless argument. If other providers offer the same or better lineup, it's hardly unprecedented. It'a amazing the delusion continues for you that directv is doing anything but playing catchup when it comes to hd locals.

Questioner.

This thread is NOT about how DirecTV matches up to anyone (except in your posts). It was started to share D*s Press release that announced its HD local plans for the first half of 2008.

They in fact have OVERACHIEVED their goal of 76 markets by mid-2008.

Stop your feuding already, and keep it on topic. Enough of your rude rhetoric.

Questioner.

This thread is NOT about how DirecTV matches up to anyone (except in your posts). It was started to share D*s Press release that announced its HD local plans for the first half of 2008.

They in fact have OVERACHIEVED their goal of 76 markets by mid-2008.

Stop your feuding already, and keep it on topic. Enough of your rude rhetoric.

No actually, you brought it up how directv is faring against its competitors, in a thread about hd locals. Once again your post:

"Kudos - first for OVER achieving their stated HD lils goal and doing it 4 months EARLY.

Are the other competitors doing ANY of the above right now?"

Do you still contend other competitors have not already achieved these same hd local goals before directv?

I'd be willing to compose a chart with comparisons to competitors, however doing all the dmas will take quite a long time. If we could agree on which dmas for a partial list, fine, but if I select them myself of course I will be accused of cherry picking dmas favorable to competitors.

Questioner -for the LAST TIME - here is the actual ENTIRE post you keep MIS-QUOTING:

Kudos - first for OVER achieving their stated HD lils goal and doing it 4 months EARLY.

Kudos for leading the pack in HD nationals.

Kudos for giving their customers a 'heads up' as to what their plans are.

Are the other competitors doing ANY of the above right now?

lets go point by point.

1) over achieving their stated goals (76 markets by mid-2008). YES OR NO

2) leading the pack in HD NATIONALS. YES OR NO

3) giving their customers a heads up as to what their plans are. YES OR NO

4) are there other comperitiors doing any of the above?
Who else has HD locals in 77 markets?
Who has more HD nationals?
Who is publishing their plans?

LEARN TO READ, There was NEVER a mention about what locals are offered in what particular market - not even a hint of it. DirecTV's STATED plans (in the OP press release) clearly states that the goal is the BIG 4 where available.

It doesn't take a world class reader to realize you brought other competitors into this thread, not me. If you want to champion directv's accomplishments, fine, I never would have posted, but once you start to make inaccurate comparisons to other providers, that's when I will step in.

It doesn't take a world class reader to realize you brought other competitors into this thread, not me. If you want to champion directv's accomplishments, fine, I never would have posted, but once you start to make inaccurate comparisons to other providers, that's when I will step in.

help me.....somebody help me please, i'm drowning in kaka!

Ok here is an accurate comparison: DirecTV to Verison Fios vs. Dish Network vs. Cox Cable in Tulsa Oklahoma.

DirecTV:
Local HD channels - 4
National HD Channels - 90

Verizon Fios
Local HD channels - 0
National HD channels - 0

Dish Network
Local HD channels - 0
National HD channels - 70

Cox Cable
Local HD channels - 5
National HD channels - 27

Ok here is an accurate comparison: DirecTV to Verison Fios in Tulsa Oklahoma.

DirecTV:
Local HD channels - 4

Verizon Fios
Local HD channels - 0
National HD channels - 0
Now compair your Cable company to D* and E*:D
We all know Fios is in like 10 locations in the USA. In my town Cable has 17 HD channels,But has a great Local offering.

Ok here is an accurate comparison: DirecTV to Verison Fios vs. Dish Network vs. Cox Cable in Tulsa Oklahoma.

DirecTV:
Local HD channels - 4

Verizon Fios
Local HD channels - 0
National HD channels - 0

Dish Network
Local HD channels - 0
National HD channels - 70

Cox Cable
Local HD channels - 5
National HD channels - 27
Com'on ,Your not going to tell me Dishnetwork has 70 HD channels though,I have it ,trust me,THEY DON'T:D

If you want to champion directv's accomplishments, fine...
once you start to make inaccurate comparisons to other providers, that's when I will step in.

1) over achieving their stated goals (76 markets by mid-2008). YES OR NO

2) leading the pack in HD NATIONALS. YES OR NO

3) giving their customers a heads up as to what their plans are. YES OR NO

4) are there other competitors doing any of the above?
Who else has HD locals in 77 markets?
Who has more HD nationals?
Who is publishing their plans?

Remind us..Where was ScoBuck wrong/inaccurate?

And my contention is that there are many providers who have over achieved their stated hd local goals, whether their means "directv's" or each company itself. Both ways it can be interpreted, it's wrong. FIOS for example promised in the boston area promised to have most if not all hd locals up by the end of 2007, and in fact they had them up by mid year.

1.) Does FIOS have locals in 77 markets yet? how close are they?
2.) How many HD nationals do they have?

Pardon me, getting off (or back on) topic for a sec but somewhere in all these posts and forums and external websites that were linked, I read somewhere that the D11 launch has been moved to Apr 08? Does anybody know anything more about this? I guess that means the HD locals are being pushed back again?

Pardon me, getting off (or back on) topic for a sec but somewhere in all these posts and forums and external websites that were linked, I read somewhere that the D11 launch has been moved to Apr 08? Does anybody know anything more about this? I guess that means the HD locals are being pushed back again?

According to the Sea Launch website, the launch of D11 is still scheduled for March.

Sea Launch Mission page - DIRECTV 11

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)