Directv background check question????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gooch777

Original poster
May 7, 2009
Northern Nevada
Hi all, new guy here.
I am an expierienced DTV,Dish,Wildblue installer with about 6 yrs combined.
I am trying to land an in-house installer job with Directv. I have heard thru friends in the know that DTV's dmv and background checks are very stringent. I have a clean 3 yr DMV 0 tickets but prior to that I did have a wet reckless about 4 yrs ago. I also heard they check your credit and it can make it or break it for ya. My question is if DTV checks 3 yr DMV or do they go back further. I have no criminal record. And also is a low credit score with a couple delinquent credit card accounts a DQer or not? :cool:

Hi all, new guy here.
I am an expierienced DTV,Dish,Wildblue installer with about 6 yrs combined.
I am trying to land an in-house installer job with Directv. I have heard thru friends in the know that DTV's dmv and background checks are very stringent. I have a clean 3 yr DMV 0 tickets but prior to that I did have a wet reckless about 4 yrs ago. I also heard they check your credit and it can make it or break it for ya. My question is if DTV checks 3 yr DMV or do they go back further. I have no criminal record. And also is a low credit score with a couple delinquent credit card accounts a DQer or not? :cool:
Isn't a "wet reckless" a misdemeanor and a criminal record? One step down from a DUI I believe?

Anyway, I would think it would be a good possibility that that would effect you getting a job driving and/or going into people's homes. It shows bad judgement, and a higher probability of incidents which could effect Directv's insurance and liability for you.

I would think you would have some explaining to do with the wet reckless and the delinquent credit accounts. Just go in there, don't lie, and take your shot.

So DTV is now worrying about who does their work? Anyone have trouble getting paid my DTV subcontractors (HSPS) ?

OR

yeah, you better go jump off a cliff. Your PhD is in electronics and it looks like you wrote a book that is clearly just physical science. Could you send in the next applicant?..........frisk him please.

Gooch77........there are a lot of folks looking for a few jobs these days. Apply everywhere but do not waste time on a big proposal for DTV. Get the interview. Be positive. DTV is about to be eclipsed by new technology....FIOS......and they will need less techs.

Diversify!

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts