RV GROUND ANTENNA SETUP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TOBYCAT

Original poster
May 8, 2009
huntington beach, ca
Hi, New to this site. I have Directv service for my house with the latest receiver antenna, etc.
This summer I plan on using my RV and want to get satellite reception while travelling.
I have a basic round portable antenna and hope to use the house receiver in the RV. just want to get basic reception.
I have looked through past posts but have not found a good procedure to use to help me through the setup process. Antenna mounted on ground or on Rv.
Please point me to a good procedure.
Thanking you in advance. Toby

A tripod is your best option. This way you don't have to worry about parking the RV under a tree. Make sure the mast is plumb and then use the receiver to determine alignment parameters using the zipcode of where you are.

Yes, I have the tripod for the antenna. I know to plumb the antenna. I also know about using a compass to find magnetic north to reference the antenna.
I know how to use the receiver menu and to set the zip code to get az and el settings.

Having never done the outside setup before, I feel that there will be problems knowing where to first point the antenna, then being able to see or know what the receiver is telling me as i make the adjustments in az and el.
Do I need an inline signal detector to use while changing the az/el pointing. ??

You can use the receiver as a meter. Go through the menu set-up, select round single LNB as dish type - line up on 101 sat - watch TV.

If you know the zip code of where you are, you can input that to give you a rough start on the elevation adjustment.

NOTE: Depending on how far you have traveled from "home" you may be outside of the spotbeams for your locals. Rest should come in just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts