DirecTV Billing Adventure...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
P

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 7, 2005
331
5
South Texas
I had a somewhat similar experience when DirecTV bought out Pegasus and I was switched to being billed directly from DirecTV.

( In case you don't know, Pegasus used to sell DirecTV programming to those in select rural areas. )

I ended up with 2 dif account numbers and being double billed. It was a nightmare that took 3 months to get sorted out. All I can say is if you can't get anywhere on the phone, ask for a supervisor or the next level of support.
 
A

atcsatellite

Member
Oct 10, 2005
5
0
From what they tell me is that they are the final say department.

We are just going to set up an account in my wife's name and upgrade our equipment while we are at it.
 
timmac

timmac

SatelliteGuys Guru
Sep 18, 2005
129
0
Senoia, Georgia
I have been with D* for a long time and although I have had several problems with CSR's from overcharging to dropping my NFL sub to having to talk to several CSRs to get someone who knows what they are doing, I have never had a problem that they have not taken care of. I just recently had a problem and they go a long way to make the customer happy. I was very happy. I can't imagine that this really happened and I'm sure there is a lot more to the story than is being told.
 
Digital Dude

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
2,738
0
SHADO
I think some folks are missing the point. DirecTV does charge you a fee to take a payment over the phone, just as they charge a fee to take a PPV order over the phone.

From the DirecTV website here

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/Residential_BillingInfo.jsp

"Credit card, debit card or check-by-phone payments made with a representative post immediately, but carry a $5.00 phone assistance fee."

So please chill out on the guy about the $5 extra fee.
 
Digital Dude

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
2,738
0
SHADO
I think some folks are missing the point. DirecTV does charge you a fee to take a payment over the phone, just as they charge a fee to take a PPV order over the phone.

From the DirecTV website here:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/Residential_BillingInfo.jsp

"Credit card, debit card or check-by-phone payments made with a representative post immediately, but carry a $5.00 phone assistance fee."

So please chill out on the guy about the $5 extra fee.
 
Digital Dude

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
2,738
0
SHADO
No echo, I hit submit when the hackers struck, hence the double post.
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
BUT he claimed he "was charged $5 for talking with customer service" NOT simply making a payment or ordering a PPV, so that excuse doesn't wash.
 
charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
18,442
6
I'm Nationwide
BUT he claimed he "was charged $5 for talking with customer service" NOT simply making a payment or ordering a PPV, so that excuse doesn't wash.

As for the echo you can go to the 2nd post and select edit , then delete it.
 
R

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 26, 2005
412
0
Front Range, Colorado
Update: Called D* about missing credits and the csr got her supervisor who kicked it up to issued credit people, and it would take 3-5 days to be resolved. Next day 2 of the $5 credits appeared on my online statement. Ok some progress, so I thought I'd wait a few more days. Next day 16 channels are mia and getting the X721 order info msg. WTF! Last nite I call and 1st tier csr (cause I have 2 dvr's) kicks it up to 2nd tier tech support. After resetting system twice, channels still MIA. He wanted to switch acsess cards from one dvr to the other to see if it was the reader but wife needed to watch ER so I tell the tech, who was good and tried very hard, I'd call back today. Called today and told the csr who I needed to talk to and got Heidi in Oklahoma. She found the problem in about 2 seconds. When they added the 2 $5 credits they somehow changed my programing pkg to the Spanish pkg which did not include the 16 mia channels. She found that they DROPED my Super Fan pkg also. I would have very pissed Sunday had she not discoverd that. She also added all the credits and got my acct straight. All this took about 45min cause the acct was so f***ed up. Lesson learned? If it seems the 1st csr you get has an attitude or just don't get it, ask for a supervisor or a 2nd tier csr from the begining. Heidi was very very good and motivated. It took some time but I'm satisfied.---Ray
 
T

Tom B

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 9, 2005
32
0
New Jersey
When I call, I wait for the first really stupid statement from the CSR and reply with "Let me talk to your supervisor". (The conversation naver takes more than a minute to reach that point!)
 
T

thedirtyjobs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 7, 2005
26
0
I'm a big D* fan & have been using them for many years. Am just now going through my first real issue with them. I've had about 5 missed appointments for an HD install (missed for several reasons), but the real killer was that I found $600 worth of HW charged to my account. It seems each time they rescheduled me they kept adding HW & it piled up.

Still trying to get it resolved, but it's been a really frustrating couple of weeks.
 
F

FLUFFY50

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2005
18
0
alexandrepsf said:
I talked to the DirecTV customer Service so many times for different questions, and I have never been charged $5, is there a particular situation for which they charge the $5?

If I make a credit card payment via the telephone, DirecTV charges a $5 fee.
 
F

FLUFFY50

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2005
18
0
thedirtyjobs said:
I'm a big D* fan & have been using them for many years. Am just now going through my first real issue with them. I've had about 5 missed appointments for an HD install (missed for several reasons), but the real killer was that I found $600 worth of HW charged to my account. It seems each time they rescheduled me they kept adding HW & it piled up.

Still trying to get it resolved, but it's been a really frustrating couple of weeks.

Thanks for the warning. I had a DISH installation appointment for November 14 at 5 pm. To date [Thanksgiving], the satellite guy has not appeared, DISH has not called. I'll examine my credit charges by DISH with a fine tooth comb...
 
F

FLUFFY50

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2005
18
0
hancox said:
:spam: You on Ergen's payroll? :)

I am not familiar with "Ergen," Who/what is it?
 
F

FLUFFY50

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2005
18
0
alexandrepsf said:
I talked to the DirecTV customer Service so many times for different questions, and I have never been charged $5, is there a particular situation for which they charge the $5?

I was charged a $5 fee for making a payment via the telephone.
 
F

FLUFFY50

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2005
18
0
FlyingJ said:
Ummm errrr no. First off Fluff, I hear about such things, not with D* but with other companies...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button. But since you say you were I will take that at face value. When speaking to a csr they couldn't see a payment and charge of exactly $128.76 that had previously been posted to your account??? How could you possibly go ahead and authorize another $128.76 that you have already paid and could be seen on your account as plain as day. When I call D* they know exactly what and when I paid for anything. you should have called another CSR. Next, you only skipped about 300 layers of customer service by contacting shareholder relations and then writing the president. Ever here of asking for accounting? At first I felt for you but you handled this so poorly that I can't get behind you on this one. How in gods name could you have two seperte accounts for D* that were tied into the same payment method and then have both deducted without your OK. I have the feeling we are not getting the entire story here.

...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button.

I spoke with a csr when the install guy called her to complete my installation procedure. I gave her my bank Visa credit/debit card numbers. I did not push any buttons, payment or otherwise.
 
F

FLUFFY50

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2005
18
0
FlyingJ said:
Ummm errrr no. First off Fluff, I hear about such things, not with D* but with other companies...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button. But since you say you were I will take that at face value. When speaking to a csr they couldn't see a payment and charge of exactly $128.76 that had previously been posted to your account??? How could you possibly go ahead and authorize another $128.76 that you have already paid and could be seen on your account as plain as day. When I call D* they know exactly what and when I paid for anything. you should have called another CSR. Next, you only skipped about 300 layers of customer service by contacting shareholder relations and then writing the president. Ever here of asking for accounting? At first I felt for you but you handled this so poorly that I can't get behind you on this one. How in gods name could you have two seperte accounts for D* that were tied into the same payment method and then have both deducted without your OK. I have the feeling we are not getting the entire story here.

When speaking to a csr they couldn't see a payment and charge of exactly $128.76 that had previously been posted to your account???

Evidently [or perhaps] the csr did not access both accounts.
 
F

FLUFFY50

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Nov 13, 2005
18
0
FlyingJ said:
Ummm errrr no. First off Fluff, I hear about such things, not with D* but with other companies...seems that to be charged twice you would somehow have to pay them twice. Like push a submit payment button. But since you say you were I will take that at face value. When speaking to a csr they couldn't see a payment and charge of exactly $128.76 that had previously been posted to your account??? How could you possibly go ahead and authorize another $128.76 that you have already paid and could be seen on your account as plain as day. When I call D* they know exactly what and when I paid for anything. you should have called another CSR. Next, you only skipped about 300 layers of customer service by contacting shareholder relations and then writing the president. Ever here of asking for accounting? At first I felt for you but you handled this so poorly that I can't get behind you on this one. How in gods name could you have two seperte accounts for D* that were tied into the same payment method and then have both deducted without your OK. I have the feeling we are not getting the entire story here.

How could you possibly go ahead and authorize another $128.76

Because the DirecTV past due notice threatened to terminate my satellite access the following day.
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Similar threads

P
Replies
5
Views
2K
Patrick Smith
P
D
Replies
5
Views
2K
themilkman
T
M
Replies
9
Views
5K
DobyMax
D
upsss
Replies
11
Views
5K
Richfunb
Richfunb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top