DirecTV blacks out.. High school football?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony1097

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2006
So on Christmas Day and on New Year's day (late night, early Jan.2) Comcast Bay Area (698) was replaying California High school football championship games, One of them interested me (De La Salle vs Centennial), I tune it in and it said It wasn't available in my area. I'm in Ohio but I have the Sports Pack.. No idea if the games were blacked out when they were shown live but.. I never in my wildest dreams would think high school sports would be blacked out. It happened both days, and every single game was blacked out so I don't think it's a mistake. I am guessing whoever governs California High school sports had a say in this but I have no idea what the motives could be. The last I knew, California High School Friday Ticket is not offered by direcTV (It doesn't exist, lame joke, I know).

Have any of you ever head of such a thing? High School sports blackouts?

I'd guess that Comcast has local broadcast rights in the SF area for the game.

sadly yes I have heard of that....usually on a California RSN

There have been college games that were on other RSN's but blacked out on TWSN or Comcast Bay Area (same game)

They have blacked out lots of sporting events.
but in the case of MLB it was on the RSN's too
in the case of the college football games it was a reverse mirror and was on ABC
in the case of NFL (if they did) it was on a local station in the playing teams market

point is you can't compare what is on a national network versus a REGIONAL sports network. They have different blackout rules.

I live as Far East as you can go and still have Fox Sports Midwest as an RSN(I can see Ohio from my Bedroom Window).DirecTV Blacks out St.Louis Cardinals and Kansas City Royals "specials" (Classic games,Caravan shows etc.) but they DONT Black out Actual Cardinals and Royals Spring Training Games,Go Figure.I have no Idea what DirecTV's Blackout Policies are,Who cares about a Classic Game played Four Years ago???

I live as Far East as you can go and still have Fox Sports Midwest as an RSN(I can see Ohio from my Bedroom Window).DirecTV Blacks out St.Louis Cardinals and Kansas City Royals "specials" (Classic games,Caravan shows etc.) but they DONT Black out Actual Cardinals and Royals Spring Training Games,Go Figure.I have no Idea what DirecTV's Blackout Policies are,Who cares about a Classic Game played Four Years ago???
Just to remind everyone. These are not "DirectV's blackout policies". The channel provider decides what will be blacked out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)