DTV online account says I am connected to internet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Daisymay2249

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
north of Texas
Hey guys

Just wondering... I dont have my receivers connected to the internet, but my dtv online account shows a green light beside one of my receivers. I am not connected to the internet or phone line, I have unplugged everything, including my wireless internet box, does not matter what I do, the green light still shows only `1 of my 4 receivers is connected.

I dont want my kids to be able to order anything is why, and I never order anything, but just out of curiosity, why would it show it was on, is it just a error? I am only talking about my online account under equipment. For those of you that may have never noticed there are round circles, they show a green light beside every receiver that is connected to internet.

No my boxes all say they are not connected, I have tried just for fun to order something on the box that shows its connected, but will no... thankfully, but like I said the dtv online account shows that 1 box is connected to internet

Hey guys

Just wondering... I dont have my receivers connected to the internet, but my dtv online account shows a green light beside one of my receivers. I am not connected to the internet or phone line, I have unplugged everything, including my wireless internet box, does not matter what I do, the green light still shows only `1 of my 4 receivers is connected.

I dont want my kids to be able to order anything is why, and I never order anything, but just out of curiosity, why would it show it was on, is it just a error? I am only talking about my online account under equipment. For those of you that may have never noticed there are round circles, they show a green light beside every receiver that is connected to internet.

No my boxes all say they are not connected, I have tried just for fun to order something on the box that shows its connected, but will no... thankfully, but like I said the dtv online account shows that 1 box is connected to internet
Run a test on your box that you think might be connected and see what it says.
Thats in the Info and settings section.
Btw, what recvrs do you have and which one says its connected ?

Run a test on your box that you think might be connected and see what it says.
Thats in the Info and settings section.
Btw, what recvrs do you have and which one says its connected ?
If your supposively connected recvr doesn't show Connected in the test section, its not.
What happens when you go to channel 1000 or 1100 do they show up ?

Reactions: Daisymay2249
If your supposively connected recvr doesn't show Connected in the test section, its not.
What happens when you go to channel 1000 or 1100 do they show up ?

1 have 2 h24 and 2 HR24 , ITS ONE OF THE HR24 that has the green light on online account

I can turn to 1000 and 1100 but nothing more than just the preview, I cant order anything... will try a test as you stated thanks

1 have 2 h24 and 2 HR24 , ITS ONE OF THE HR24 that has the green light on online account

I can turn to 1000 and 1100 but nothing more than just the preview, I cant order anything... will try a test as you stated thanks
Go to Menu/ Settings and Help, Settings/ Info and Test/ then go to MORE SYSTEM INFO then scroll all the way down to Internet and see what it says.

Go to Menu/ Settings and Help, Settings/ Info and Test/ then go to MORE SYSTEM INFO then scroll all the way down to Internet and see what it says.

Thanks Jimbo I followed your instructions to the letter and no absolutely not connected, will just ignore the green light, I think I have noticed that moving around a bit, the green light on on line account

Thanks am convinced now nothing to worry about Thumbs up :)

Reactions: Jimbo
Hey guys

There is nothing to worry about. That system is not real time. The next time DirecTV tries to ping your receivers and they don't respond it will show them as not being connected. This can take a few weeks.

As long as there is no MoCa or Cinema Connection Kit hooked up and your account info matches the receivers, it is just the Ghost in the machine.

Hey guys

Perhaps you should password protect the PPV capability. Threaten your kids with punishment beyond the endurance of human beings if they ever order PPV without your permission.
I long for the days where the good old fashioned swift kick in the ass to a recalcitrant disobedient child were the norm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)