DirecTV Commercial Lie???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Currently watching Fox Saturday baseball between the Yanks and Phils. During the game Joe Buck did a commercial plug for DirecTV and MLB. In the plug while showing the DirecTV blimp he said, "Up above aerial coverage brought to you by DirecTV. Get every MLB game in HD this season with DirecTV."

Is this true? Looking through the schedule of many teams in many locations as well as the EI schedule, not every single game is in HD. I will admit they have more games in HD than any other provider, but they are NOT offering EVERY game in HD (almost all, but not all).

Buck was just reading what was written. If the commercial is wrong, then it is with the advertisers, writers, or DirecTV itself.

Get every MLB game in HD this season with DirecTV.[/I]"

Is this true?

It could be true if Buck was referring to every FOX SATURDAY DAY MLB game with DirecTV. However, for that to be totally true, DTV would have to offer FOX in HD in every market.

As far as the regional sports channels in HD, doesn't that really come from the local markets? My channel (FSN) finally got around to doing every game in HD which DTV picks up.

So, IMHO, this constant crappola about DTV and sports is starting to piss me off. I think they're doing a great job and a big improvement over Comcast Cable. So my advise is to lighten up and stop calling DTV liars 24/7.

If all you detractors are so smart, how come you're not rich.

It could be true if Buck was referring to every FOX SATURDAY DAY MLB game with DirecTV. However, for that to be totally true, DTV would have to offer FOX in HD in every market.

As far as the regional sports channels in HD, doesn't that really come from the local markets? My channel (FSN) finally got around to doing every game in HD which DTV picks up.

So, IMHO, this constant crappola about DTV and sports is starting to piss me off. I think they're doing a great job and a big improvement over Comcast Cable. So my advise is to lighten up and stop calling DTV liars 24/7.

If all you detractors are so smart, how come you're not rich.
He could have been talking about the Fox broadcast. In those markets that do not have Fox in HD, they do turn on the West or East feed for them during the game.

D* has the most 24/7 HD But still counted, their partime RSN's, But didn't count E*.
Plus failed to mention 28 PPVs are involved in that count.
Funny!

D* has the most 24/7 HD But still counted, their partime RSN's, But didn't count E*.
Plus failed to mention 28 PPVs are involved in that count.
Funny!

directv didnt count part time rsns:

70 HD Networks
23 HD Full-time Regional Sport Networks (RSN's)
8 HD DNS Locals: CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX East&West
1 TEST 1080p
28 HD PPV

hey common now....... directv doesn't lie. they just can't handle the truth ;) no truth teller are they...........

As far as that commercial goes, I do now think they meant Fox Saturday games. But, it was not clear and could have easily been interpreted to mean EVERY single game every where. Which of course is not true.

I just heard the same commercial on ESPN during the Sox and Yanks game. This tells me that they were NOT referring to Fox games. There is no doubt that DirecTV is lying.

As far as that commercial goes, I do now think they meant Fox Saturday games. But, it was not clear and could have easily been interpreted to mean EVERY single game every where. Which of course is not true.

Ever notice, most commercials are rather vague, to draw in the most people that can.

They had a commercial about a set amount of channels last baseball season being available and they were not at the time, the majority of people don't listen to commercials closely anyways, I'm sure you can find discrepancies in a lot of commercials if you want to look hard enough.

I just heard the same commercial on ESPN during the Sox and Yanks game. This tells me that they were NOT referring to Fox games. There is no doubt that DirecTV is lying.

I gotta stop reading these forums. Re this forum, maybe a better name would be " WhinerGuys.US".

I got a HOT flash for you. ALL ESPN baseball games are in HD. If DTV said this, take it to the bank. It's true. Even though I'm a EI subscriber, I watch very little baseball on it until September and the games I do watch, I don't pay ANY attention to the commercials. So, I haven't see the commercial in question.

I don't know if this commercial was referring to FOX or ESPN, but in either case, it's true. Yes, NOT every game that EI does is in HD. WTFC.

One day all channels will be in HD. In the meantime, be thankful for all the progress made in the industry. And please, stop calling DTV a bunch of liars.

And PLEASE, get a life.

And now, I'm leaving this building and won't be back unless I need some answers to serious questions unlike this BS thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts