DirecTV Commercial Lie???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't understand why people take things so personally? I am simply pointing out a lie and I get a reaction telling me to get a life and calling us on this sit a bunch of whiners.

Look, the feed read by the announcer with a shot of the DirecTV blimp said, " Get every MLB game in HD this season with DirecTV." This same plug was said on two different networks and nowhere did they mention the network name. It was said in a way to make the viewers believe that EVERY SINGLE GAME on DIRECTV is in HD. I am sure they were refering to every game on ESPN and every game on FOX, but that was not stated in the comercial nor was it even referenced; it just happened to be on those networks at the time.

Yep, if you're one of their customers or a customer of one of their business partners (arent they teaming up with at&t now?) and you havent told them to stop calling then they can call.

First thing I do with any company I start doing business with is ask them to remove me from their telemarketing call list, and that I dont want them to share my information with their partners.

My bank, credit cards and insurance company as it turned out were major sources of the selling of my name and phone number to a large number of ridiculously tenuous business 'partners'.

The other big one is the credit reporting agencies selling your info. Theres a web site with a form on it that will tell all three major US credit reporters that they are not to offer your information up for sale.

I don't understand why people take things so personally? I am simply pointing out a lie and I get a reaction telling me to get a life and calling us on this sit a bunch of whiners.

Look, the feed read by the announcer with a shot of the DirecTV blimp said, " Get every MLB game in HD this season with DirecTV." This same plug was said on two different networks and nowhere did they mention the network name.

Why don't you try using at least PART of your brain? Did the ad say that DTV would be doing every EI game in HD? I don't think so. Did you see this bogus claim of yours on an EI game? I don't think so. Are you planning on continuing this RANT of yours until November? Any chance that you heard this claim on ESPN or FOX? FYI, I suspect less than 2% of DTV viewers get EI. Get back to us when you hear this claim while watching an EI game. You do get EI, don't you?

I do thing you could be sued by DTV for posting this continuing claim of yours that DTV is lying about EVERY game on EVERY channel being shown in HD. I'm wondering who on WhinerGuys.US appointed you as the stupidest blogger of the year?

Have you ever had D* ?
If so, they have the right to call you.
Really? Under what grounds?
I'll just report them.:rant: Yesterday was the 6th time in the last 10 days. If I said no the first time ,why can't they take a hint?
Directv got me really mad right now over this crap. If I tell them DO NOT CALL,and I'm on a National DO NOT CALL, What give them the right to keep Bugging me with their sales calls?

Wow, someone is taking this too personally.

My advice, if the thread gets you that worked up, simply ignore and bypass it.
No need for personal comments is there?:up

Really? Under what grounds?
I'll just report them.:rant: Yesterday was the 6th time in the last 10 days. If I said no the first time ,why can't they take a hint?
Directv got me really mad right now over this crap. If I tell them DO NOT CALL,and I'm on a National DO NOT CALL, What give them the right to keep Bugging me with their sales calls?

Because you did have thier service.

However, I would hope they would quit after you mentioned to take your name off the list a few times.
Of course, as is the case with any company, Do we REALLY know if they put our name on the list when we tell them ????

Why don't you try using at least PART of your brain? Did the ad say that DTV would be doing every EI game in HD? I don't think so. Did you see this bogus claim of yours on an EI game? I don't think so. Are you planning on continuing this RANT of yours until November? Any chance that you heard this claim on ESPN or FOX? FYI, I suspect less than 2% of DTV viewers get EI. Get back to us when you hear this claim while watching an EI game. You do get EI, don't you?

I do thing you could be sued by DTV for posting this continuing claim of yours that DTV is lying about EVERY game on EVERY channel being shown in HD. I'm wondering who on WhinerGuys.US appointed you as the stupidest blogger of the year?

Relax Blues,
This is typical from the guys that don't get D*, they come over here and rant in a thread to get things stirred up, you get use to it ..... Just ignore it and it will go away.

I wonder if D* guy's do the same in the E* side of things, I don't go there so I don't know.

All that that ad is saying is IF the game is available in HD, it will be available in that format on Directv. There is no one on this forum more upset with D* right now, but give them a break. They can't wave a magic wand and make a game appear in HD if no one is carrying it in HD.

Relax Blues,
This is typical from the guys that don't get D*, they come over here and rant in a thread to get things stirred up, you get use to it ..... Just ignore it and it will go away.

I wonder if D* guy's do the same in the E* side of things, I don't go there so I don't know.
Dodger has D* though:)

Every game doesn't mean every possible feed of that game, right? So if a game is carried by each team's local station, as long as D* has at least one of them, they have that game in HD. Am I simplifying this too much?

Relax Blues,

:confused:
I have Direct and my point was not to rant in order to get things stirred up. My only point was to show that DirecTV lied in a commercial. I was pointing out that a service that I sub to and like is not perfect. My main objective was to create a discussion about commercials and what constitutes lying.

Last edited:
Every game doesn't mean every possible feed of that game, right? So if a game is carried by each team's local station, as long as D* has at least one of them, they have that game in HD. Am I simplifying this too much?
I was thinking the same. Since I have EI I can easily check. Even though one feed my be in SD the other may be in HD. This is not true for every game, sometimes both feeds are SD only or are not shown at all nationally.

Well, if I am going to use my brain, then perhaps you should use yours as well. I will address your point by asking you one simple question: Are those with Direct and without EI able to see every game in HD? If the answer is yes, then you may have a point. If the answer is no, then your point does not hold any water.

First, not all nationally televised games are in HD (WGN is one such example)
Second, not all local games in most market are in HD. Even here in LA the Angels are in HD for just a little over 100 games (all Dodgers games are in HD).

This has nothing to do with EI. In fact, EI gives me more games in HD.

So if you are going to go around calling someone the stupid blogger by attemping to make a counter argument, you may first want to see if your counter argument can be supported first. ;)

Let me repeat my simple question: Is every game in HD on DirecTV (even without EI)?

Let me make myself clear. Often it is too difficult to convey tone over the internet.

I was simply pointing out I interpreted as a commercial lie and hoping to have a good discussion on the topic. Some people made some good points, such as the point that they were referring to games on ESPN and FOX only.

I am not upset at Direct; I do not hate Direct; and I am not whining about the commercial. I was hoping we could have an intelligent discussion on what constitutes a lie, stretching the truth, spinning, and/or leaving out pertinent information.

I believe the statement can be misconstrued by the way it's structured, but I don't believe it's a "lie." (Perhaps I'm looking at it through my marketing background...)

A paraphrase could be, "Choose Directv as your provider when you want to watch MLB games that are produced in HD."

Or, "For every MLB game [that's available] in HD this season, get it via Directv (as opposed to another provider)." They're not necessarily stating that every game is in HD.

Sure, it's a bit of stretch, but it's not really a lie. It's marketing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)