Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
and alot of fox affiliates are owned by someone other than Fox. So its a moot point. There are some Fox owned and operated (like NY, LA, Chicago, Minneapolis as examples) but again they are not part of these negotiations

True enough but let's face it...12/31 will be here before you know it. And while I think both sides are acting like spoiled children, I don't think Fox is out of line saying DTV subs could lose their local Fox station SOON

No Fox affiliates are being pulled 11/1....that is what your question was entailing (the locals)

These are the Fox owned stations....
Fox Television Stations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

now with Dish the ones that are owned by "Local TV LLC" let Fox negotiate for them so those would be added to the list when the contract comes up....but not on 11/1 ;)

The networks (CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX) in most cases are not owned by the network themselves. As example only 14 CBS stations are owned by CBS (CBS owns some other stations too). In the example above Fox owns 17 Fox stations and 10 My Network stations. With 210 local markets (not every market has all 4 nets) this is a small sample of nets owned by the network

The only downside to all of this is that Fox News is not among the channels being dropped. I guess I will just have to keep not turning that channel on of my own volition.

SPEED is now having a video with Steve Byrnes(FOX/SPEED Reporter) saying DirecTV is dropping them on 11/1 and tells them to go check online for other provider. Then he says how viewers will miss SPEED's coverage of the final 3 NASCAR events.

NASCAR Driver Landon Cassill saw that and on twitter wrote he just got rid of his DirecTV account due to them dropping SPEED. NASCAR Champion Kevin Harvick said the DirecTV/NewsCorp stuff is BS :D

Just hope they work it out and that I still am able to see SPEED on DirecTV. I watch SPEED everyday and on the weekends 16+ hrs with NASCAR & F1. I already have to go next door to my neighbors house to see Attack of The Show on G4 every day would hate to have to do that for SPEED. I love DirecTV and hope DirecTV stays firm and comes out :)

And is'nt it funny DirecTV is the official sponsor for COPS on FOX, and in 2008 DirecTV sponsored Indycar and in 2009 DirecTV viewers could not see Indycar on Versus do to that fight. If DirecTV & newscorp keep fighting and cant make a deal I hope & pray its not as long as the DirecTV/Versus stuff

Those guys are NOT getting rid of thier D* services, they use them every week at the tracks.
Furthermore, NO ONE should be saying that D* is pulling them, seeing no one knows if they are even going to get to that point.

Also, NASCAR races are NOT on FOX at this time... (FOX commitment with NASCAR this year is OVER).

You'd think if he was speaking publicly he'd make sure he knew what he was talking about.

Those guys are NOT getting rid of thier D* services, they use them every week at the tracks.
Furthermore, NO ONE should be saying that D* is pulling them, seeing no one knows if they are even going to get to that point.

Also, NASCAR races are NOT on FOX at this time... (FOX commitment with NASCAR this year is OVER).

You'd think if he was speaking publicly he'd make sure he knew what he was talking about.

sprint cup and nationwide series isn't on fox but the truck series is on speed, which is being dropped.

after this weekend there are 2 truck races left...Nov 4 & 18

But its funny how some folks are making it sound like we'll lose these stations f-o-r-e-v-e-r.......if they get dropped I'll count it in days...and it will be less than 2 hands worth

They probably get it for free as you dont see any NASCAR drivers (at least when I watch the races) have a Dish dish on the hauler or pit box

Bogy said:
The only downside to all of this is that Fox News is not among the channels being dropped. I guess I will just have to keep not turning that channel on of my own volition.

It does have the highest ratings of all cable news, by a large margin, so it seems more are not turning on the other news channels

It is a downside for Fox with negotiating. If FNC were one of the channels, then Fox may have a little more leverage because it is one of the highest rated cable channels and is the highest rated cable news channel. It's popularity would give them more leverage when asking for more money

I would also say that due to the NBA lockout, Direct may have a slight advantage with the current channels negotiations. It won't hurt them as much to pull the channels since there is currently no NBA nor MLB.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
So here is something interesting...

So I'm watching the hockey game on FS North and the scroll comes across the bottom....about the nets possibly being pulled and to check keepmynets.com
keepmynets.com is the Fox website.....

So I flip to Dish (same channel) and no scroll

So how the hell does Fox send one feed with the scroll and one without when there is only one feed available to satellite/cable co's?
I guess Fox has 2 feeds of each of the possible nets to be pulled. One for Directv that they run that damn scroll non-stop it seems like and one for everyone else.

maybe they are adding to the uplink sent to DirecTV

Thats what I'm saying. I know there is usually one feed of FS North for cable & satco's to grab (its on C-Band but scrambled)...maybe they put a 2nd uplink up just for Directv

DodgerKing said:
It does have the highest ratings of all cable news, by a large margin, so it seems more are not turning on the other news channels

It is a downside for Fox with negotiating. If FNC were one of the channels, then Fox may have a little more leverage because it is one of the highest rated cable channels and is the highest rated cable news channel. It's popularity would give them more leverage when asking for more money

I would also say that due to the NBA lockout, Direct may have a slight advantage with the current channels negotiations. It won't hurt them as much to pull the channels since there is currently no NBA nor MLB.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

FNC contract ends Jan.31.
I would be surprised if it isn't being talked about during these negotiations.

http://mmapayout.com/2011/10/update-on-fox-direct-tv-contract-dispute/

Last edited:
I switched to Comcast yesterday and couldn't be happier. I cannot wait to get one of those four tuner TiVo's!!! I'm SO excited! And I can still watch American Horror Story!!!!

OMGZZZ I'm SOOOOO excited for you!!! Now you can go away and never post in this forum again because you'll be too busy pleasuring yourself with your four tuner Tivo!!

No, seriously dude, we really don't give a s#!t. Get a life.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)