Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now if only Direct TV could fix the programming guide on those channels so I can see what programs are on those channels...then everything would be just fine....

This is a formatting issue either your TV is not an HD and is in HD mode on the box or your TV is stretching the screen.

This you can take care of yourself.

Well, if form holds, the Belo stations should also be good to go on DIRECTV within the next few hours. That said, KING/5 Seattle was running "the crawl" some moments ago during their 7 PM program. Hadn't seen that lately.

Don't get too excited. It wasn't the good kind.

Found this when searching the dispute:

Update at 2:50 p.m.: DirecTV just sent a statement concerning its stand-off with Belo Corp. It reads, in full:

Belo has decided to notify its viewers of our discussions, which is something they did during similar talks with Time Warner Cable and DISH Network last year. None of those customers ever lost access to Belo stations and we expect the same positive result here. Their TV commercials are nothing more than a routine approach to try and gain leverage in negotiations. DirecTV customers should ignore Belo's scare tactics and enjoy their DirecTV service as they always have.

Update at 2:50 p.m.: DirecTV just sent a statement concerning its stand-off with Belo Corp. It reads, in full:

Belo in Fee Dispute With DirecTV, Which is Warning Customers They Could Lose WFAA - Dallas News - Unfair Park

Now if only Direct TV could fix the programming guide on those channels so I can see what programs are on those channels...then everything would be just fine....
what receiver is that??? never seen that interface. looks old

This is a formatting issue either your TV is not an HD and is in HD mode on the box or your TV is stretching the screen.

This you can take care of yourself.

Its the same on an analog TV as well...I don't have a HD box and don't subscribe to the HD service. Since Direct TV put up these announcements...the program guide on those channels just had the announcements...there is no way to find out what is playing at the moment or hours in advance. Notice how it says 6:00 AM to 6:00 AM .

Surprised no one except me complained about it. Hitting info on the remote gives a generic "General Interest Series" on the affected channels... The program info on the other (non Fox) channels display just fine. Since the dispute and even into now...I have no idea what programming is on those channels...unless I go to them and try to figure out what is playing at the moment.

I hope they fix it soon.................

Attachments

• DSCN1370.JPG
    DSCN1370.JPG
    507.3 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN1371.JPG
    DSCN1371.JPG
    325.5 KB · Views: 156
Jimbo said:
Are you asking how much more your bill will be due to this settlement ?

D* price increases a few bucks every year in Feb/March. just like most TV providers, your bill will not go up any more than what it would normally go up because of this.

Your saying that Direct got EXACTLY what they wanted in this negotiations and didn't have to pay a penny more thus not raising our bill because of this???? WOW lol

Both Fox AND Directv lied to all of us during the past month or so trying to down each other and make themselves look good. Just like all providers and networks do during negotiations. It's funny when I see statements like "Directv is evil" or "Fox is evil". They both won in this deal!!

Good news about the Fox carriage agreement. Thanks, Ice and some others, for keeping the positive thoughts and for Jersey, explaining D*'s apparent strategy, in getting an overall-encompassing deal that avoided a repeat scenario in Jan '12.

I wonder if we'll see some of the naysayers posting here now? ;) I see a lot of this stuff over at DBSTalk and once a deal is done, or a channel-pull is averted (YES from last year), they are often nowhere to be found in threads such as this one, which I find amusing :haha

Your saying that Direct got EXACTLY what they wanted in this negotiations and didn't have to pay a penny more thus not raising our bill because of this???? WOW lol

Nobody has said that.

He said that your monthly will probably go up next year, like it does every year, to compensate for things like this.

But I suspect you know that. Neither FOX or DirecTV lied as far as I can tell.

So, even though FNC,FNB and some local Fox channels weren't to be affected, it looks like they've worked out new agreements on those channels as well? Maybe this was part of the negotiating tactics all along? I could see either side using those as a bargaining chip; accept the rate increase and we'll extend these networks at this price....or something along those lines.

you need to upgrade your receiver. All the newer ones had a -1 channel with the scroll you have. The normal number had the guide

you need to upgrade your receiver. All the newer ones had a -1 channel with the scroll you have. The normal number had the guide

But why are only the (formerly disputed) Fox channels affected and not the other channels? I have two receivers, so I have to replace them both?...In order to get the proper guide and info just only on the Fox channels?

The other channels (non Fox) display fine on the guide and in the description. I could understand if all the channels were affected or some of the other channels....but this is only affecting the (formerly disputed) Fox channels....And its been like this since the dispute began and even after it is over....See pictures below.

Attachments

• GUIDE.JPG
    GUIDE.JPG
    536.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Travel Channel -1.JPG
    Travel Channel -1.JPG
    502.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Travel Channel -2.JPG
    Travel Channel -2.JPG
    486.8 KB · Views: 177
  • Nat Geo-1.JPG
    Nat Geo-1.JPG
    675.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Nat Geo-2.JPG
    Nat Geo-2.JPG
    545.1 KB · Views: 151
But why are only the (formerly disputed) Fox channels affected and not the other channels? I have two receivers, so I have to replace them both?...In order to get the proper guide and info just only on the Fox channels?

The other channels (non Fox) display fine on the guide and in the description. I could understand if all the channels were affected or some of the other channels....but this is only affecting the (formerly disputed) Fox channels....And its been like this since the dispute began and even after it is over....See pictures below.

I believe it's because those older receivers do not support the -1 channels. Your guide should work properly after they remove the -1 channels that were made for every channel affected by the dispute.

Good news about the Fox carriage agreement. Thanks, Ice and some others, for keeping the positive thoughts and for Jersey, explaining D*'s apparent strategy, in getting an overall-encompassing deal that avoided a repeat scenario in Jan '12.

I wonder if we'll see some of the naysayers posting here now? ;) I see a lot of this stuff over at DBSTalk and once a deal is done, or a channel-pull is averted (YES from last year), they are often nowhere to be found in threads such as this one, which I find amusing :haha

I told you guys you all had nothing to worry about (those in the pub)! :)

I had a similar problem a couple years ago with my old B55 receievers. I noticed that one day all the directv sports package channles like center ice stopped showing up in my programming guide and it was due to the old receivers.

Just got the email from D* announcing the agreement reached with Fox. I have to say that I don't remember Charter Cable ever doing anything like that to keep in communication with their customers(at least not in my area). I'm not trying to knock E*,because I've never had them yet,but D* has not done me wrong yet & I do appreciate their messages & emails letting me know what's happening with upcoming programs & previews.

I told you guys you all had nothing to worry about (those in the pub)! :)

I was never concerned let alone worried. I figured a deal would be reached in the nick of time. I just wish part of that agreement would've been for DirecTV to bring in the HDs for Fox Movie Channel and Nat Geo Wild. But, hey, those SDs and these other channels are all left intact. Mostly happy ending. With that particular issue. And then, as annually routine for the past few years, we can look forward to potentially more news in the first quarter of 2012.....

Both Fox AND Directv lied to all of us during the past month or so trying to down each other and make themselves look good. Just like all providers and networks do during negotiations. It's funny when I see statements like "Directv is evil" or "Fox is evil". They both won in this deal!!

No, I didn't say THAT at all.

I said,your D* bill will go up a few dollars in March like it does every year, regardless of who WON this dispute, so if D* lost it, your not paying FOR D* coming to an agreement.

Kind of pathetic to drag this out. I wonder who blinked first. We will never know. Glad for the DirecTV subs.

I don't know that it was dragged out at all.

The contract ended at midnight on the 31st I would guess and a new contract was agreed apon.

Thats how MOST negotiations go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)