DirecTV Could Drop Versus

No surprise that the buyer thinks the price is too high, and the seller thinks the price is just right. That's always the case. The buyer's leverage is to do without. Crying about it is nothing more than a childish power-play. I know I wouldn't let my kids get away with that. :rolleyes:

In the end, the subscribers are being manipulated and a certain number of subscribers will fall for it and express their ungodly outrage and perhaps losing the channel they're "entitled" to. Eventually, the two sides will come to a consensus about just how much the buyer was able to tweak the subscribers to get angry with the seller, and the buyer will be rewarded with a few pennies off the price per thousand of subscriber that they were able to successfully tweak.

This whole thread just adds to my argument that D* should offer an ala carte menu.Let each subscriber see the menu and make their own decisions as to what they want to see and pay for. That way they could tell the provider that they would pay the price they wanted and say that they would get paid accordingly. I know that this is a perfect world and that D* uses the total number of subscribers as their bargaining tool.but I can dream, can't I ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)