Status
Please reply by conversation.

acuevas

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Orange County
Hi All,

Will above mentioned receiver work as a stand alone OTA digital receiver with-out a DirecTV subscription. Thanks.

What are the DirecTV Receivers?

SD = standard definition = 480i resolution; this is what tube televisions can show.
HD = high definition = 720p or 1080i resolution; this is what most flat panel televisions can show.

The above link gives you the model numbers of all the directv receivers and link to their manuals. For the most part, only the HD models came with any OTA tuner of any kind...

You've started 5 threads asking if "XXX" old receivers have OTA tuners built in. What do you really want, an ATSC TUNER at a cheap price? Here is a receiver that is HDTV ATSC at a cheap price. Search on eBay for an EZneo TR-100 or TR100 they are starting bidding at $15 and going in the $30-40 range.

Is it corrrect to assume that you can use the 'HD Models' to view digital OTS channels with out a DirecTV subscription?

I think the only thing we can assume is that you are not going to do your own research, and will probably spend your money on something that doesn't suit your needs....

Thanks to the both of you. I'm sorry I don't assume anybody to do my research for me. My goal is simply to reuse an older satellite IRD, if possible, as an OTA unit. I can usually find them for under $10 at a second hand store. Can't afford to buy a new one right now. I come across a lot of conflicting info concerning them or not enough info. So I thought I'd ask here. I think I goofed by doing a post for each one when I should have done one post and listed all of them. Thanks again to the both of you.

Is it corrrect to assume that you can use the 'HD Models' to view digital OTS channels with out a DirecTV subscription?

The H20 and HR20 models will not work without a subscription. The other models like the LG3200a, Sony HD200 and 300 will work as a stand alone receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

'Moved' and can't get new locals

Tailgating and ESPN HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts