Directv D14 live, directv D10 down (update: D10 now working)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm going from memory here, but isn't D10 the one they had problems with after launch that took months of extra testing and eventually ended with them giving up on using the spot beam transponders for HD Locals or something like that?

I'm going from memory here, but isn't D10 the one they had problems with after launch that took months of extra testing and eventually ended with them giving up on using the spot beam transponders for HD Locals or something like that?
Yep, it's always been a dud

If it wasn't for my mom sending me a text message last night asking if "I was able to watch TV Land at my house", I wouldn't have noticed the outage.

Yes everything that was moved off of d10 to d14 appears to be still at d14 according to reports at the other site. I would assume that d10 is up and just running empty at the moment while they test it out to see what works and what doesnt work. This is speculation though. I would figure if the do move anything back it will be well planned and be during the overnight hours. What ever did happen was unexpected and the entire engineering and technical team needs a bigger bonus! 99 percent of the channels restored within 12 hours and minimal impact speaks volumes about the talent directv has!
Is that the same technical team that pushed the wrong button and turned the Power off on D 10 ? :eeek

More channels are moving back from D14 to D10. They must be pretty confident its ok now. Good news is only half of D14 transponders where turned on and it seemed to be working great, so with D10 back Directv has loads of free bandwidth now.

More channels are moving back from D14 to D10. They must be pretty confident its ok now. Good news is only half of D14 transponders where turned on and it seemed to be working great, so with D10 back Directv has loads of free bandwidth now.
Now where is D14 located and where in the list of Signal Strengths ... 103ca, cb ?

Is that the same technical team that pushed the wrong button and turned the Power off on D 10 ? :eeek

This one just happened. I highly doubt it was a button push, as it takes allot more than that to make a satellite tumble. ;) Very fortunate that they could CTRL ALT DEL this one and reboot the satellite. I am sure someone was doing this :smash :computerwindowto their computer at DirecTV yesterday. LOL. In all seriousness it was a really impressive recovery.

Reactions: Jimbo
Is Paladia one of the channels still off? Since last night it tells me I'm not subscribed to it and a few others, even though I am. Anyone else unable to get 566-572?

This one just happened. I highly doubt it was a button push, as it takes allot more than that to make a satellite tumble. ;) Very fortunate that they could CTRL ALT DEL this one and reboot the satellite. I am sure someone was doing this :smash :computerwindowto their computer at DirecTV yesterday. LOL. In all seriousness it was a really impressive recovery.
:clapping

DirecTV sent an email out this evening, appears all is corrected:

We are pleased to confirm an earlier technical issue affecting our HD channels has been resolved. You can now resume watching your favorite HD programming and DIRECTV CINEMA®in HD format.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer.
Sincerely,
DIRECTV

Is Paladia one of the channels still off? Since last night it tells me I'm not subscribed to it and a few others, even though I am. Anyone else unable to get 566-572?
Is that part of the HD Only package ?

Looks like it is ... I don't sub to that , so it tells me I need to sub, so essentially, I don't know.

DirecTV sent an email out this evening, appears all is corrected:

We are pleased to confirm an earlier technical issue affecting our HD channels has been resolved. You can now resume watching your favorite HD programming and DIRECTV CINEMA®in HD format.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer.
Sincerely,
DIRECTV
Yup, got it about 8 pm tonight.

With all the commotion going on with the Sats .... they are still doing a CE tonight ?
Hope so ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.