DirecTv Deceptive?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Babadem, I understand your frustration, but you have to take some responsibility here. Yes you were given incorrect information, but you have been on this site for almost seven years. You should have known better than to take what the csr told you at face value.

Babadem, I understand your frustration, but you have to take some responsibility here. Yes you were given incorrect information, but you have been on this site for almost seven years. You should have known better than to take what the csr told you at face value.
As for me taking some responsibility for DirecTv's deceit and misrepresentation of the facts, I unapologetically reject to do so. Well, there should be a sticky here informing those of us here that almost never venture into the DirecTV Sub Forum, (that is until now,) that DirecTV the entity is dishonorable in their dealings with prospective subscribers.

You still don't get it? The point at hand is the lack of integrity as displayed by DirecTV. Your myopic views, blind following and dedication to DirecTV has actively clouded your common sense of reasoning and restricted you not to think beyond your little realm. Why am I even responding to such a dimwitted post? :confused: :(

the point is always do your research
theres a reason people talk about csr roulette

I know there's some info on DBSTalk about this situation, might be a sticky thread but not sure, You could research around, But the general rule is, Most CSR's will and should tell you that they don't promise or even know which specific model receiver you'll get, only your local technician knows this info, that's going to perform the installation with work order info, If they have it in stock, they'll usually install the HR44, but if they don't then the HR34, Only way to get the HR44 without the loopholes and workaround, Is to buy it from a online retailer like SolidSignal, Be aware that it's leased even if you bought it online, and it will enter you at a 2 year commitment, And once it no longer is being used or service gets canceled, Then it needs to be returned back to Directv, or they charge you a non return fee which is pretty hefty fee.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As for me taking some responsibility for DirecTv's deceit and misrepresentation of the facts, I unapologetically reject to do so. Well, there should be a sticky here informing those of us here that almost never venture into the DirecTV Sub Forum, (that is until now,) that DirecTV the entity is dishonorable in their dealings with prospective subscribers.

Then there is no further point in discussing it, is there.

I recently wanted to upgrade my very large H21s to get H25s. However, they sent me H24s. When I called to complain, they also said, we can't promise a specific model number even though that was what I specifically requested. They told me that if I wanted a specific model, I would have to purchase on my own from a 3rd party like Solid Signal. So I told them ok, but I want to be reimbursed for the cost. They agreed, and I got a statement credit for the full amount $320.
You should try this for the HR44. It doesn't hurt to ask.

The weekly add I get in the paper clearly states (in fine print, but still states) directv does not guarantee any model. And also goes on to state "product showed model number X" and once again says does not guarantee the model and lists all the models you may end up with. He was told one thing and didn't receive what he was told. Should he be upset, yes. Does that call for the bashing of some embers and the company, not really. It's a classic sign up without researching mistake. It happens all the time and then it's the companies fault. Going back to the car reference. If I was your sales man and told you all these options and all the safety ratings it had would you take my word on it? Doubtful. You'd prolly research it some. Spending a large amount of money vs a small amount of money still doesn't change the fact you should always research your purchase prior to completing in.

so lemme understand this....you "almost never" venture into the Directv area but you are hell bent on getting a HR44 when the specific model number is not on the Directv website?
I don't know how many times folks have to say it "YOU ARE NEVER GUARANTEED A SPECIFIC MODEL". You ordered a "Genie" which can be either a HR34 or HR44.

Most folks have no idea what a HR34, 44, 24, 20 or 25 are (the folks who don't visit sites like this). When my stepdad had a HR23 crap out they sent him a HR24. He didnt care what the model was. All he cared is that he could record 2 shows still. My mom said "this one has a lot of lights on it" :)

It sounds like you partially did your homework but flunked the test when the installer arrived and refuse to take part of the blame.

If you find that you are not happy with the model you have for a technical reason you could have a service call. I was able to swap out a 33 for a 44 because of all the issues I was having with it. Just make sure you have the warranty so you dont get jammed with the service call fee. After a few months you can cancel it.

If you find that you are not happy with the model you have for a technical reason you could have a service call. I was able to swap out a 33 for a 44 because of all the issues I was having with it. Just make sure you have the warranty so you dont get jammed with the service call fee. After a few months you can cancel it.

That only works if the tech has an HR44 on the truck and you can persuade him to let you have it. There is NO guarantee a problem HR34 will be replaced by an HR44.......

water_horse.jpg

We gave you advice on how to go about, getting a specific receiver, It's up to you if you want to actually do it, Yes every company makes mistakes including Directv, and yes no one want to admit those mistakes, But we're here to make it right, Most of us are trying to help you, don't even listen to those that hassle you for not being well informed, everyone make mistakes, including me, If it was me just listen to those that are trying to help you.

Also those CSR's sometimes don't get the scoop of everything the company offer, that's why there's several department and support for different situation that CSR's can't answer, Like retention dept have more power to keep that customer that have doubts in staying or feel there bills are too high, Which in return can give more discounts and bill credit than CSR's, although CSR's can give discounts also, Retention just take it a step higher especially if your contract expires.

We gave you advice on how to go about, getting a specific receiver, It's up to you if you want to actually do it, Yes every company makes mistakes including Directv, and yes no one want to admit those mistakes, But we're here to make it right, Most of us are trying to help you, don't even listen to those that hassle you for not being well informed, everyone make mistakes, including me, If it was me just listen to those that are trying to help you.

No one is hassling him, just trying to keep the discussion honest. There were mistakes made all around and all should realize that.

In this case I was assured I will get HR44 when I placed my order. At no time before the installation did anyone from DirectV mention to me that the HR44 was not a guaranteed product. All the slime, and trickery use of words only began post installation.

You asked for a HR44-- they told you you would recieves a HR44--they bring you a HR34. You thinking they would do what they say they would do did not check to see if they did indeed give you a HR44. The installer installed the HR34 you signed something before he left which means you accepted the change in their eyes. Now you have a 2 year contract with them. My wife worked for a company that sold DirecTV subcriptions she was trained to stretch the truth and in some case lie in order to get the person to subscribe. It is all about SALES who cares about honesty--she finally quit. I was with DirecTV for a little over a year. I figured cancelling my subscription and paying the $20 a month cancellation fee for the remaining of my contract was better then paying almost $100 a month for the remaining months. I payed $180 to get out of my contract. Purchased a ROKU with no monthly fess and do not feeling like I'm being ripped off every month paying for channels that have most of which are not worth watching.

Deceptive yes but what they told you verbally is not on the contract so you are stuck--unless you pay the early cancellation fee of $480. Maybe if you call and threaten to cancel then explain to them why they may see you side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)