Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What did the cut look like? That could explain the "technical difficulties" screen. If they lost the program source then that screen probably auto-fires so that the viewer doesn't see a black screen.

That's exactly what it was.

The video rolled along until :48 minutes after, then froze, flashed to black, the freeze frame came back, then the TD slide. That's exactly what should have happened if the program was cut off at the source. An internal transition at DTV would have been much smoother and, obviously, more professional.

The only way to stop the madness is if the cable and satellite companies form a union for contract negotiations to reach a fair deal.

I love in the new Mike White loop he says about making you pay for all the channels

"even the ones you dont watch or care about" :D

He's right...I dont care about 2/3 of the Vi a-hole channels :)

Iceberg said:
I love in the new Mike White loop he says about making you pay for all the channels

"even the ones you dont watch or care about" :D

He's right...I dont care about 2/3 of the Vi a-hole channels :)

There's a new one already?

The only way to stop the madness is if the cable and satellite companies form a union for contract negotiations to reach a fair deal.

Something needs done. There's nothing really valuable enough on TV for our Bills to be Almost $70.00 without any extra services added to the bill. Mainly in the summer I only watch Pirate games anyhow and least I'm lucky there since Directv owns Root Sports.

I can see WWE making an indirect TNA Impact reference to this during promos for RAW and SmackDown unless this gets resolved and Spike is restored. "At least our brand of sports entertainment is still on DirecTV" or something to that effect.

I guess I'm not one of Viacom's targeted audience. The only one of those channels that I ever watch is the Comedy Channel. I watch it about 1-2 hours per week. None of the rest are in my Favorites and I wouldn't have even noticed they were gone.

When a company runs ads wonder what kind of contract they sign? If I was an advertiser I'd sue Viacom for break in contract since I just lost 20 million viewers that they said I could advertise to. Maybe if some of this advertisers would do this maybe they'd think twice to pull the plug.

I can see WWE making an indirect TNA Impact reference to this during promos for RAW and SmackDown unless this gets resolved and Spike is restored. "At least our brand of sports entertainment is still on DirecTV" or something to that effect.

they'll do one of them really cheesy "did you know" things...you know when they say things like "more women watched WWE Raw than every show on We, Lifetime, Oprah Network, Oxygen, etc"

When a company runs ads wonder what kind of contract they sign? If I was an advertiser I'd sue Viacom for break in contract since I just lost 20 million viewers that they said I could advertise to. Maybe if some of this advertisers would do this maybe they'd think twice to pull the plug.
They will have to make good on it in some other way by giving them free ad time or just paying them back money. IIRC, the former is usually how it works.

Someone told me a moment ago that they still have some of the channels like mtv and comedy on Directv.

nope. They're gone
Directv remapped them to 8000 area
8+the 3 digit normal channel but its just the D* slate

Wow 275 posts in just an hour and a half and this time of night. I can only imagine how many posts this thread will have tomorrow.

I'm impressed with the overall response with the Directv subs in this forum. I've seen more unity from this group over how many lost channels, versus back on our side the ones who are ready to pillage Dish over four channels. Goes to show how much you people trust your brand, and I have a lot of respect for that. Hopefully, you all get your channels back and Directv doesn't get bent over to get it done. Even though I subscribe to a different provider, if Directv comes out on top, there's less of a chance of Viacom pulling this with other providers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)