Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can see Viacom is hurting themselves in this deal. Their show's TV ratings are going down due to this. Via Zap2it

IMPACT Wrestling on Spike 7/5 vs 7/13 in Viewers in Millions & Adult 18-49 Rating
1.485 Mil 0.5 vs 1.108 Mil 0.4 That's a loss of 377K viewers & 0.1 the demo

Snooki & JWoww on MTV 7/5 vs 7/13 in Viewers in Millons & Adult 18-49 Demo
2.037 Mil 1.0 vs 1.700 Mil 0.8 That's a loss of 337K viewers & 0.2 in the key demo

Spongebob on Nick 7/5 vs 7/13 in viewers in mi & adult 18-49 demo
2.493 Mil 0.5 vs 2.060 Mil 0.5 That's a loss of 433K viewers!

Awkward on MTV lost 45K viewers(but gained 0.1 in the key demo)

and my IQ gas gone up because I dont have to see crap like this in the guide
Snoofi and JDuh or whatever the hell their names are

or need to be a math wizard to find out what time a TVLand or CMT show starts

Hilarious, thanks for the post. My daughter will miss some of her faves on Nick Jr though.

Looks like this battle may continue for awhile.

I am told by a number of friends who work in the radio and tv industry that Viacom has just made a large purchase of air time to air anti DIRECTV ads.

I expected this battle to last for about a week, but it looks like it will go one for much much longer.

Now we know why Viacom wants more money from DIRECTV... they need to pay for the airing of all these anti DIRECTV commercials. :)

I am told by a number of friends who work in the radio and tv industry that Viacom has just made a large purchase of air time to air anti DIRECTV ads.

I expected this battle to last for about a week, but it looks like it will go one for much much longer.

Now we know why Viacom wants more money from DIRECTV... they need to pay for the airing of all these anti DIRECTV commercials. :)

Sounds like it Scott and so true until Viacom can try and get what they want.Keep up the good work Directv :)

Viacom is looking kinda like donkeys from what I can see. You want more money from someone and you air anti-cash cow ads? Just seems like bad business.
Take me out to the ball game -I don't care if they ever come back...

I don't think this is going to be resolved too quickly either.

DirecTV Offers Customers a Perk to Offset Missing Viacom Channels : TVBizwire : TVWeek - Television Industry news, TV ratings, analysis, celebrity event photos

But the story adds: “Consumers shouldn’t expect a resolution soon. Viacom has made a major buy of radio ad time across all major U.S. cities through Sunday. ‘Rather than ramp up the propaganda in newspaper ads and radio spots,” DirecTV says, Viacom should ‘grow up’ and help to ‘get the channels back on the air without an unfair increase to customer bills.’”

DirecTV also reportedly has bought radio airtime, but its intended message was not known. Viacom would not comment for the story.

TheTechGuru said:
I guess we finally know the answer to this old question.

VIACOM KILLED KENNY!!!

Oh man direct needs to make a commercial with that

Sent from my iPhone

This was just posted by Viacom.

Update on the DIRECTV/Viacom Dispute

July 13, 2012 @ 4:10 PM

Mark-Jafar-150x150.jpg
by Mark Jafar, Viacom

First things first…

We’re taking a liberty here, but we apologize on behalf of Viacom and DIRECTV to the nearly 20 million DIRECTV subscribers who are still without MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET, VH1, CMT, Spike, TV Land and many more of their favorite channels. It’s an unacceptable situation. We can only imagine how frustrating it is for DIRECTV subscribers who pay their bill on time every month and expect to get what they’ve paid for.

It’s also unacceptable for DIRECTV to continue to insist that Viacom “hasn’t made an effort to come to an agreement.” Reconnecting with our audiences on DIRECTV is the absolute top priority for Viacom at the moment; our teams are negotiating tirelessly to get this done. Frankly, we’re at a loss for why DIRECTV would imply that both sides aren’t at the table trying to work this out as quickly as possible. Because we are most definitely working non-stop to figure this out.

As we remain engaged at the negotiating table, we’re also going to continue to reach out through ads to make sure they know that DIRECTV has dropped our channels, and what they need to do to get those channels back. We apologize to DIRECTV if they don’t like our ads. As we’ve shown, we’re actually quite fond of theirs.

We maintain that the rate increase we’ve requested from DIRECTV is fair, reasonable, and in line with what we’re paid by every other cable and satellite provider in the industry — ALL of whom we have agreements with and NONE of which have dropped our channels since 2004. DIRECTV, on the other hand, does this a lot.

But don’t take our word for it. Check out this article currently on Seeking Alpha:
“…considering the contract they signed was 7 years ago, this means they’ll be seeing a yearly increase of about 4%. Not particularly demanding at all. Especially not compared to the rate increases DirecTV has pushed on to consumers.”

This guy gets it. Think of how much you paid for anything and everything in your life seven years ago. Isn’t it all a little bit more expensive today?
On the PR side, we’re actively trying to cut back on the he said, she said, and the tit-for-tat. It’s annoying. We get it. But our panties get in a bunch when we read DIRECTV’s constant and consistent mischaracterizations of what is really happening at the negotiation table and behind closed doors. So, if you’re interested, below is a little markup of
DIRECTV’s post yesterday that will hopefully help you sort the fact from fiction.

Again, we apologize to DIRECTV customers on behalf of Viacom and DIRECTV for this unacceptable situation. We’re working around the clock on getting this resolved as quickly and fairly as possible.

In the meantime, DIRECTV consumers should call 1-800-531-5000 and tell DIRECTV they want their channels back. And, while you’re at it, make sure you ask for some free stuff.

Attachments

• direct_tv.png
    direct_tv.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 205
ty Scott what a crock by Viacom and way to go Directv and don't put up with Viacoms bullcrap :)

I call BS on both sides of the marketing around this issue. The truth most likely lies someplace in between.

I call BS on both sides of the marketing around this issue. The truth most likely lies someplace in between.

I would say you are correct.

I think part of the BIG problem is DIRECTV got a REALLY good deal 7 years ago. And now to bring them up to what every other cable / satellite provider is paying is too big an increase for DIRECTV.

However with that said Viacom still should not have been pricks and pulled the channels off DIRECTV like they did.

Had to drag myself off the bed and jump back on real quick to say...

Youns realize why V* is even telling people to ask for the perks from D*... They are trying to cost D* as much money as possible. This will eventually negate the efforts to save people money on their bill when they have to turn around and make up the shortfall on all the freebies and discounts everyone is asking for.

In reality if you really want to support D* and their ideals of trying to save the viewers money then just sit back, pay your bill, and support the american way. Life, Liberty, and the persuit of cheap TV!

So true Scott Viacom has been pricks about it instead of trying to resolve it

Back in my day Disney was the greedy company charging Disney as a "premium" for the same price HBO was.

Well, I bet Disney and Disney's advertisers are enjoying the extra viewers right now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)