Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Latest from DIRECTV

We continue to inch closer to a new agreement enabling us to once again provide the Viacom channels, but we'd prefer — like you — not to have to wait any longer. We’ve seen all of Viacom’s radio, TV and print ads asking us to bring the channels back. We couldn’t agree more and have been asking Viacom from day one not to suspend them in the first place. If you feel the same, please ask Viacom to gi...ve us the permission to put these channels back on while we continue to work on a new long-term agreement. But until that happens, we remain committed to keeping fans connected by whatever means necessary. We will continue to share updates about key series to watch via Hulu.com, TheDailyShow.com, ColbertNation.com and other complimentary viewing opportunities.

We've been encouraged by the show of support from our customers, especially parents, who say they also stand firm against an unnecessary 30% increase and that switching providers is not the solution. And when our top competitors like Time Warner Cable, Cox, MediaCom and the 850 mom-and-pop cable shops of the American Cable Association voice their support, we believe a change for the better is coming soon.

Our promise to you is to always provide the best experience at the most reasonable value. Keep track of the latest developments on our website – www.directvpromise.com

OH MY GOD....Dish beat Directv on bringing back stations

oh wait...it was some locals that they brought back (and had a 10 day head start) :)

I think Directv knows that if they don't stand up to Viacom then the others are going to want significant increases as well, that this has to stop somewhere.

Looks like they have completely broken off

Viacom says talks with DirecTV have broken down - latimes.com

"In an interview, Denise Denson, Viacom Inc.'s executive vice president of content distribution, said the media giant was no longer in negotiations with DirecTV Inc. over a deal to return its cable networks to the satellite broadcaster's service. "I really don’t see any end in sight, truthfully,""

In another part of the article it states ...

"They have not ever engaged in negotiations," she said, adding that while the satellite company is telling people it is standing up for its customers, in reality "they are making a statement to their investors and shareholders."

So basically, if that is true, Directv is lying when they said they came close to getting a deal done or Viacom is lying.

I wonder which side is telling the truth and I believe Directv more than Viacom and we shall see who is :)

I don't see why V* returned programing back on the internet if they don't have a deal that's close. That didn't prove anything if they're not close. I'd say this is still V* trying to stick it to D* for the drop in ratings, and all the bad press they've received.

DIRECTV ?@DIRECTV
Viacom’s current statement on our negotiations is completely inaccurate #DIRECTVHasMyBack

I think more than anything we're seeing Viacom try and spin things to get a least a little sympathy and try and even out the PR a little. Like most things the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

DirecTV has confirmed that Epix is the holdup in this whole situation.

DIRECTV Viacom Updates

"Viacom’s current statement on our negotiations is completely inaccurate. They made a proposal last night for our carriage of the 17 channels they pulled from DIRECTV and we accepted all material terms for those channels including an increase that was more than fair. We are ready to close this deal at anytime and restore those channels to our customers.

However, as part of that offer, Viacom insists that we carry the EPIX channel at an additional cost of more than half a billion dollars. We know our customers don’t want to pay such an extreme price for an extra channel, they simply want the ones they had returned to them. We stand ready and willing to work with Viacom to get this done and, once again, ask Viacom to do the right thing and restore these channels to our customers immediately."

I agree with Directv and Viacom should restore channels while they negotiate on EPIX :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts