Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
CNN's Ali Velshi on Twitter says DirecTV & Viacom reached a deal and as of 6:20am the Mix channels now show a message instead of the mix channels saying a deal has been reached and the channels will return as soon as possible

DirecTV's Press Release via marketwatch http://www.marketwatch.com/story/di...gital-rights-for-directv-customers-2012-07-20

In addition to the channels' return, DIRECTV customers will also gain the ability to see Viacom programming on tablets, laptops, handhelds and other personal devices via the DIRECTV Everywhere platform. Carriage of the EPIX movie channel is not required as part of the new agreement.

Last edited:
Channels returned at 6:40am had Ch 249 on and my TV switched to 201 Cinema channels on its own. All the channels have returned except Comedy Central HD & BET HD they are only SD right now

From DIRECTV

[h=6]Click LIKE: The Viacom channels back on DIRECTV. Thanks to your patience and support, today we entered into a new long-term agreement with Viacom to immediately return all the channels you had previously enjoyed.

The channels are already back! Plus as a result of our new deal you will soon enjoy the freedom to see all your favorite Viacom shows on tablets, handhelds, laptops and other media devices through our DIRECTV Everywhere platform.

Although Viacom had regrettably tried to deny you access to drive a more expensive deal, our focus was always about giving you the absolute best experience at the most reasonable cost.

We will have full details of the agreement online, but it includes long-term rights to provide Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, Spike, CMT, TV Land and several others so Viacom cannot try to deny you access anytime again soon.
[/h]

From Viacom
[h=6]Viacom today announced that the company has reached a long-term agreement to renew carriage with DIRECTV.

All 26 Viacom networks, including Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, CMT, Logo, Spike, TV Land, MTV2, VH1, VH1 Classic, Palladia, Nick Jr., Nicktoons, TeenNick, Tr3s and Centric, will return to DIRECTV’s channel lineup immediately. As part of the overall carriage agreement, DIRECTV has an option to add the EPIX service to its entertainment offerings.

Viacom is extremely pleased to bring its programming back to DIRECTV subscribers, and thanks everyone affected by the disruption for their patience and understanding during this challenging period.

DIRECTV and Viacom Reach Agreement to Renew Carriage of Viacom’s Networks – Blog.Viacom
[/h]

That sounds like maybe DirecTV has to pay for EPIX weather they pass it along to customers or not.

No that means if they want to add Epix they can at anytime and there is already a set price for it so no negotiations would be necessary to add it. (This is what I was told last night by someone in the know... which is why I posted the they have a deal rumor to Twitter last night.) :)

No that means if they want to add Epix they can at anytime and there is already a set price for it so no negotiations would be necessary to add it. (This is what I was told last night by someone in the know... which is why I posted the they have a deal rumor to Twitter last night.) :)

Ohh that Scott.. he's always cooking up something good ;)

And.. does that mean that we should expect to see Epix popping up sometime in the near future as they are paying for it anyway?

Dan

Darn, is all I can say is I was hoping for another few days so I could win the GPS contest on guessing the return of Viacom ;>)

On the serious side, I'm glad Comedy Central and Palladia are back.

John

Good to hear Channels are back on....Now the important question who is the lucky person that won the contest :)

satjay said:
Good to hear Channels are back on....Now the important question who is the lucky person that won the contest :)

Me!!
I didn't enter the contest though. LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts