Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
While I am happy that Direct and Viacom came to a meeting of the minds and got the channels back that some people liked, I am also saddened that Epix wasn't included as either an a la carte` option or brought into the HD Extra Pack.

I bet Directv is going to try and talk with Viacom about Epix but they won't add it at that price which I don't blame Directv :)

I bet Directv is going to try and talk with Viacom about Epix but they won't add it at that price which I don't blame Directv :)

It ought to be brought in on a per-subscriber basis. Either in the HD Extra Pack and move that price up a bit, or offer it as an a la carte` option at the $7 mark that Dish offers it for. And on Dish it is in their BB@Home package that is $10/month with quite a few channels (more than the D* HD Extra) and also includes one disk out at a time from Blockbuster.

That way it is paid for by the subscribers that actually want it. That would include me! :)

Has anyone here ever watched Epix? I wonder if it offers subtitles because that Sony Movie Channel in the HD pack is totally useless for the hearing impaired. If it has the option for CC and subtitles bring it on and kick Sony to the curb as far as I am concerned.

Yes they do if they come to an agreement on EPIX :)
I personally would like an Epix option! I think Directv should offer the pack A la Carte just like HBO.
People paid $12 for Cinemax when Directv only had 3 MAX channels to choose from.
But I don't think they should add it to the HD extra pack, Because then that just forces a higher priced HD extra pack, and you can almost bet no more repeating 3 month freebe's.

Has anyone here ever watched Epix? I wonder if it offers subtitles because that Sony Movie Channel in the HD pack is totally useless for the hearing impaired. If it has the option for CC and subtitles bring it on and kick Sony to the curb as far as I am concerned.

Yes, I have it on Dish. It has some very good content.
Yes, there are clunkers but overall Im very happy with the Epix channels.

The only two Viacom channels that I had on my favorites list were Comedy Central and TV Land. Well, during the blackout I found out that I could get by just fine without those two channels as well as the other junk put out by Viacom. So I removed those two from my favs and now I can happily go on my way with no Viacom channels and be just fine. It's my way of protesting the relentless increases in programming costs.

In my book, Directv caved. Viacom asked for more knowing that they would not get the 30%. Directv should have gotten the deal for 15% or less because of the lower ratings. Directv will now have this as an excuse as to why your bills are going up next year, but then again, they will go up anyways.

I am sure Teen Nick will rerun the crap out of those Degrassi episodes once the channels return and offer them online.

and looking at the guide yup they are
the "missed" shows start at 8 CDT tonight and they are rerunning it about 5 or 6 times before Monday when the "new" show come son

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)