Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
go into the guide and see them :p
Thats what I did

Removed from favorites when dropped (no reason to see nothing lol) ......I have autopay and get email about bill but Never get any other kind of email from them. Must be my settings

yeah if you removed them from favorites you would need to add them back. I let them sit in the 8XXX area because I knew once it was over they would map back properly

Iceberg said:
interesting....maybe because it was the 1st time the D* receiver saw it in the guide as "new"

Doubtful. I'm going to say it was a glitch on the guides part. I had several things rerun yesterday that aired last week and not a single one recorded. I was able to catch my Tosh.0 and the wifey got her teen mom I think and spongebob went on a record streak again. It just records everytime it comes on and I only let it save 15 at a time

Doesn't it record missed shows like when there is a conflict and one doesn't get recorded it does the next available time slot.

raoul5788 said:
Doesn't it record missed shows like when there is a conflict and one doesn't get recorded it does the next available time slot.

Maybe?? I have never had a conflict. I try to keep my 3 HDDVRs recording at different times so conflicts are no existent to me. This is the first time I've ever ran in to an issue with recordings

Last edited:

yes it normally does. But with the HR34 thats kinda a rarity ;)
But if there is a conflict the higher priority shows gets 1st dibs. Thats what it would do when I had the R22. The one off's (one time recording) get 1st dibs then the highest priority show was 2nd. Anything after that it finds the next time. So the network programming was the highest priority in the series and the stuff on History, TruTV and A&E which is rerun later at night would be after that.

can Directv put any more damn banners letting us know the channels are back?

Good lord they have a banner above BET saying "BET is back"
2 channels later "Good News MTV is back"
2 channels further "Good News VH1 is back"

between those and the "Disney Jr is now available" like 14 times in the guide it looks gaudy (and yes I'm using favorites)

between those and the "Disney Jr is now available" like 14 times in the guide it looks gaudy (and yes I'm using favorites)

I'm not seeing any of this on my H24-700 running 0x5cd

Perhaps it's built into the new contract (with Viacom).

I take it if you do not have those channels saved in your guide then you do not get the banners. I don't have any of those banners since the only Viacom channels I have in my favorites are probably the two lowest rated ones, Spike and VH1 Classic.

The fun is over.:( The kids went to grandma's house. Grandma has D*. While there, the kids saw the Viacom had returned. When they came home, they turned to the Viacom channels which were back on, but did not show up on the guide because I had removed them. It was fun while it lasted.

cave1376 said:
The fun is over.:( The kids went to grandma's house. Grandma has D*. While there, the kids saw the Viacom had returned. When they came home, they turned to the Viacom channels which were back on, but did not show up on the guide because I had removed them. It was fun while it lasted.

Lol Us aunts screw things up too. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts