Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So what is the Increase a month gonna be? If they have 30 Million customers, and a $600 Million dollar increase a year, what is the actual likely increase?

Glad to see the channels are back online and that the dispute is over. I still think a 20% increase is too much, but let's face it. Both sides need each other and if the dispute would have dragged on, they would have just kept losing money. Hopefully, D* adds Epix a la carte at a reasonable price as well.

Chang: Viacom Deal Sends a Signal - 2012-07-20 19:29:48 | Multichannel News

According to this it is likely a 20% increase the 1st year and 5% each year thereafter.

Chang said DirecTV was unlikely to take on Epix in the near term, but that it could revisit carriage of the movie channel in the future.

According to Sanford Bernstein senior media analyst Todd Juenger, DirecTV likely agreed to a seven-year deal, including a 20% rate increase in the first year and 5% increases thereafter. That would be about in-line with what most analysts were expecting.

Chang wouldn't get into specifics, but said that DirecTV was already paying below market rates so its first year increase is higher than normal, with subsequent moderate annual increases (lower than they have offered anyone else, Chang claimed). DirecTV also received both in-home and out-of-home digital rights for all of Viacom's 17 networks, according to Chang, which should be a big boost to its TV Everywhere initiative.

Glad CNN reported it otherwise no one would know. D* hasn't said a word about adding them back

just got an e-mail about it

Dear Iceberg,

Thanks to your patience and support, DIRECTV today entered into a new long-term agreement with Viacom to immediately return all the channels you had previously enjoyed. Plus, as a result of our new deal, you will soon enjoy the freedom to see all your favorite Viacom shows on your computer, tablet or cell phone through our DIRECTV Everywhere platform. Although Viacom had regrettably tried to deny you access to drive a more expensive deal, our focus was always about giving you the absolute best experience at the most reasonable cost.

More details on the agreement can be found on DirectvPromise.com. It includes long-term rights to provide Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, Spike, CMT, TV Land and several others so Viacom cannot try to deny you access anytime again soon. Your patience during this unfortunate Viacom blackout has helped to serve notice to every media company that you and our other customers will not be bullied. Hopefully, thanks to your support and others', we can together make these blackouts a thing of the past.

Thank you again for your patience and support. We know you have a choice among providers and we appreciate you choosing us.

Hey iceberg I mention this in a thread I started this morning about my programming and the Viacom dispute and looks like I got all my channels back that I had in select classic. But I'm afraid if I ever change my package I might loose some channels cause I've noticed some changes to the directv website like spike vh1 and tv land use to be in all packages entertainment and above but now it looks like u have to have choice extra or above to get these channels so looks like we might have to be careful about changing our package unless they take these channels away from us come February and force us to have a higher package to receive them. If you or Scott could find out about all the changes what channels may have moved to what package and ate we grandfathered in as long as we don't change our package?

I hope that's all it is I know I have tv land and it's not supposed to be in my package but it got added a few months back and it come back on when the dispute was over.

Kids don't know the Viacom channels are back. Right now they are outside playing. If they knew the channels had come back, they would be sitting in front of the tv right now. I removed the channels from the favs list. So when the kids look through the guide, those channels don't show up.

Kids don't know the Viacom channels are back. Right now they are outside playing. If they knew the channels had come back, they would be sitting in front of the tv right now. I removed the channels from the favs list. So when the kids look through the guide, those channels don't show up.

thats awesome!

That's great don't tell them until weekend is over and on Monday tell them it is back on :D :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)