DirecTV for Commercial Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
I have a few questions regarding Commercial accounts, I hope somebody can either answer them or point me to a source that can answer them.

I just received a SMATV agreement, I now have to pick what programing services I would like to order. I currently have RF Modulators and I'm ready to go except for the actual DirecTV receivers and their programing.

I understand under a SMATV agreement each independent receiver is dedicated to one and only one channel.

Am I required to purchase specific hardware or are any receivers able to be used on a commercial account. I'm trying to save money on the initial installation. I would like to purchase used receivers and have them activated on a new DirecTV commercial account. Is this possible, if so are which model #'d receivers are able to be used like this (Each receiver will need to have at least one Composite Video and Analog Audio outputs) . I'm looking on Ebay for used SD receivers.

Thanks in advance,
John

Not too sure about the Ebay route, I thought almost all of direcTV's receivers were leased, taking much of any advantage away from getting it on Ebay. Also, DirecTV would then still own the receiver you just "bought".

I have a few questions regarding Commercial accounts, I hope somebody can either answer them or point me to a source that can answer them.

I just received a SMATV agreement, I now have to pick what programing services I would like to order. I currently have RF Modulators and I'm ready to go except for the actual DirecTV receivers and their programing.

I understand under a SMATV agreement each independent receiver is dedicated to one and only one channel.

Am I required to purchase specific hardware or are any receivers able to be used on a commercial account. I'm trying to save money on the initial installation. I would like to purchase used receivers and have them activated on a new DirecTV commercial account. Is this possible, if so are which model #'d receivers are able to be used like this (Each receiver will need to have at least one Composite Video and Analog Audio outputs) . I'm looking on Ebay for used SD receivers.

Thanks in advance,
John

Somebody already has all the receivers. They are offering you signal from the ones you select. With System Master Antenna TeleVision (SMATV) Someone operates the antenna and resells the signal for each channel. Your TV channels will receive what you buy or the SMATV operator will provide a set top modulator.

You do not operate Directv receivers under the program you are looking at. Someone else does.

Joe

Joe I think you need to read the post more carefully. He wants to be the SMATV operator and is looking for an economical source of SD receivers.

Johnl you should talk to your distributer when I bought fro DSI they had a department for commercial accounts. EBay could be a problem with reliability of receivers and you don't want part of your system failing.

Joe I think you need to read the post more carefully. He wants to be the SMATV operator and is looking for an economical source of SD receivers.

Ah,

I did take from the post that he is a new SMATV cx and selecting programming. Rereading all I now have to find another post discussing a restaurant installation.

Receiver purchase choices are pretty much D-10 & DSI, right? E-Bay being mas problamas due to open PPVs & stolen boxes.

I have said before that I am going to read more and post less. This is the reason why.

Thanks,

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts