DirecTV: get new customers to pay old customer's unpaid bills.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
"That I will not tolerate". Really, did you miss all his smilies? Sounds like you are the one that needs a pill.

What are you gonna do, call the cops?

So yes No way do I believe this happened. Pay your bills and stop trying to defraud the company by switching names on your delinquent account while living at the same address in hopes your debit will just disappear.;);)
Yea Busted!!:p:p

If this is what you think is personal, Well this is a generalized statement about this topic.

Now if your offended , you must have good reason.;)

I just think its ridiculous to tell hemi to check his attitude, when there was not one. To top it off, the post was finished with what could be taken as a threat, but you don't have any authority here.

I just think its ridiculous to tell hemi to check his attitude, when there was not one. To top it off, the post was finished with what could be taken as a threat, but you don't have any authority here.
The reason I know this topic is Bogus,
Is because out of 4 different rental properties that I own, Not 1 Time Have I ever had to pay old Tennant's past debt to get the services turned into my name.

Even ones that have been shut off.

AND I OWN THESE BUILDINGS!

Not once has the power company charged me a dime.
No tennant ever came to me with a utility problem, Claiming they can't be hooked up because of past due bills from old tennants.

OK show me where this got personal? Don't try and change the subject because you know I'm right.
You keep saying I'm wrong , well lets see your facts??

....I told you of an experiance I had in this issue as a tech....You denied it happened....Then you posted this directed at me..."Pay your bills and stop trying to defraud the company by switching names on your delinquent account while living at the same address in hopes your debit will just disappear.
Yea Busted!! "....
You practically said I lied about it... "Remeber..."no way this happened".....
And now in subsequent posts you throw out some drivel about utilities. Oh yeah, yer wrong about that too. The power company here as well as the gas company will NOT turn on the utility until the address is clerared by either the previous occupant paying balances due or giving a forwarding address AND the new occupant offering proof they are not the old occupant.... Wanna know how this is so? It happened to me... I had a new house built. The gas was turned off after three days. The way it works is the builder holds the account at the address. Once the owner takes over the home the gas co leaves the gas on for 72 hours. Unless the builder releases the address( and pays the bill in full) AND the new owner establishes an account with the gas company, the gas stays off until these requirements are met. Same thing applies when the home changes hands( Sold or rented)...
Personal..Now I read you and another member chirping to each other about my asking you not to get personal.

You offer up no facts to convert what epxerienced people in this business have experienced. A retailer has told you what does occur. Yet you dismiss these things out of hand.....Now, this is it..Discussion terminated. You may now have the last word. Go ahead. You cannot help yourself.

happened to me with another provider

I really wish I could remember all of the details, but it was about 10 years ago, but I had something similar happen with some utility provider. I had moved into an apartment and they had told me there was a fraud indicator on the address. I really don't remember what service is was. I think they ended up resolving it but I had to go through a lot of extra steps to prove that I was legitimate. It was either cable (Comcast) or DSL (Verizon).

Yea real original.:)
Sorry, no way shape or form, do I believe that a previous customers debt hung around a previous address for a totally new person to pay off.

NO Way!!!:no

Cable,Electric,and Phone companys don't do it. So no way do I believe this in any way.

My tenents have never had any issues getting any services, from previous tenents debits.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stop BS'ing and lets hear the real story.;)

Can I tell you about the hell we had to go through when my brother-in-law got a repo house. Dish, the phone company, gas company, and electric would not turn any of the services on. He had to jump through more hoops then I care to remember. The gas company was the worst. It took 6 weeks to get them to belive that it was a new owner of the house. The previous owners we of no relation, totally different name and it made no difference. All the services wanted payment for back bills.

....I told you of an experiance I had in this issue as a tech....You denied it happened....Then you posted this directed at me..."Pay your bills and stop trying to defraud the company by switching names on your delinquent account while living at the same address in hopes your debit will just disappear.
Yea Busted!! "....
You practically said I lied about it... "Remeber..."no way this happened".....
And now in subsequent posts you throw out some drivel about utilities. Oh yeah, yer wrong about that too. The power company here as well as the gas company will NOT turn on the utility until the address is clerared by either the previous occupant paying balances due or giving a forwarding address AND the new occupant offering proof they are not the old occupant.... Wanna know how this is so? It happened to me... I had a new house built. The gas was turned off after three days. The way it works is the builder holds the account at the address. Once the owner takes over the home the gas co leaves the gas on for 72 hours. Unless the builder releases the address( and pays the bill in full) AND the new owner establishes an account with the gas company, the gas stays off until these requirements are met. Same thing applies when the home changes hands( Sold or rented)...
Personal..Now I read you and another member chirping to each other about my asking you not to get personal.

You offer up no facts to convert what epxerienced people in this business have experienced. A retailer has told you what does occur. Yet you dismiss these things out of hand.....Now, this is it..Discussion terminated. You may now have the last word. Go ahead. You cannot help yourself.
Hey Troll the Dish Network forum, Because sorry, I'm still not convinced.

I don't believe this would happen with Dish Network customers either.

Atleast not on the Huge scale its made out to be.
If its 1 out of 100,000 I would be extremely surprised.
D* already gets an F with the BBB, there is not one complaint on it.
This thread is the only complaint.

Again a SSN # would clear this right up. If you don't have one , then your most likly not from the USA which it turn means NO D* or E* for you.

I am going to state this for the 2nd time.... We do not discriminate addresses.

1. An address is a citeria
2. So is an Last name
3. few other details like ssn etc not going into

When alot of them match up the system auto rejects orders . When only 2 or 3 pieces of info match the order will go through but will be flagged for review. A human not a computer reviews the information and actually goes out of there way to clear the customer if it was wrongly flagged. But 9 out of 10 times it is just someone trying to put it in the name of there wife / child / or dare I even say it dog. ( yes that has happened before )

The reason I know this topic is Bogus,
Is because out of 4 different rental properties that I own, Not 1 Time Have I ever had to pay old Tennant's past debt to get the services turned into my name.

Even ones that have been shut off.

AND I OWN THESE BUILDINGS!

Not once has the power company charged me a dime.
No tennant ever came to me with a utility problem, Claiming they can't be hooked up because of past due bills from old tennants.

I'm in the same boat, Hemi. I have various rentals (20+years in Illinois & Indiana) & when a tenant moves out all the utilities revert to me as the owner (with a starting balance of zero from the effective date of the move). I have never been asked to pay any past due balances from previous tenants including DTV/Dish & cable. The only thing that remotely comes close was when the local gas company sent me my aunts gas bill (when she moved to another state) because we shared the same last name. A simple phone call to them explaining to them that I'm not responsible for my aunts bills cleared that up rather quickly. :mad:

Something BIG to consider before getting DirecTV:

I've done a TON of comparison before I got DirecTV, and the only downfall that I saw was that Dish had better customer service reviews. DirecTV boasts better "customer satisfaction", but only over cable. I decided to get DirecTV for many of the channels and features they had that I loved.

When I waited at home on the installation date, no one showed. I called and they said my installation was put on hold (A call from them would have been nice). But why was it on hold? Because the previous renters did not finish paying their bill! And I'm accountable for that? :confused: According to DirecTV, I am. If I wanted to pay $480 on behalf of the previous renters, I could get my service. Ya. Right.

First, I was upset that no one told me sooner. The installer just didn't show and they waited for me to call. Second, DirecTV has my name, my social, ran a credit check - the whole nine yards, yet WHO I was didn't matter - the HOME was flagged. They couldn't have told me that right off the bat? And once they found out, they couldn't have contacted me? Poor poor poor business.

So, I went with Dish. A comparable plan, not quite as good, but they also worked with me quite well and there is a TON to say for customer service and that blanket of comfort it is if something does happen. I was going to fight it out with DirecTV, but if that's any indication how dealing with them was going to be, then I didn't want them anyway. Just a warning.

At least you did not spend $1,000 dollars on equipment before they canceled your account 3 months in like it happened to me in 2001. Thats why I will never ever go to Directv.

Sorry but I call bull, Directv doesn't blacklist address. People move all the time so it would be impossible they block RID# for unpaid receivers and report your SSN to credit companies as unpaid.
It is more to this one sided story

I say bull on you YES they do. I bought a condo and the Address was BLACKlisted. It happened to me after I paid $1,000 for receivers.

At least you did not spend $1,000 dollars on equipment before they canceled your account 3 months in like it happened to me in 2001. Thats why I will never ever go to Directv.

2001 might be too far back to go but it sure would be cool to have Stone take a look at your case.

I am going to state this for the 2nd time.... We do not discriminate addresses.

1. An address is a citeria
2. So is an Last name
3. few other details like ssn etc not going into

When alot of them match up the system auto rejects orders . When only 2 or 3 pieces of info match the order will go through but will be flagged for review. A human not a computer reviews the information and actually goes out of there way to clear the customer if it was wrongly flagged. But 9 out of 10 times it is just someone trying to put it in the name of there wife / child / or dare I even say it dog. ( yes that has happened before )

Yes they do. I have posted in the past about directv blackingout address. You can search all my posts and I say the same thing over and over.

I bought a condo back in 2000 I went to GOOD GUYS in Calif which is out of business now. I bought 2 Directv boxes with the Dolby digital Sony s link and optical out for $499 each I had directv for 3 months no issues at all. Then all of a sudden my boxes where turned off, I called they told me the previous person totally different name and everything did not pay there BILL.

I was not allowed to have service unless I paid $329 dollars or what ever it was that was past due from PREVIOUS OWNER!!! I showed them proof I bought the condo from HUD (a fixer upper). Nothing they would not budge. I threw away $1,000 on them. I did not know where I could of sold the boxes because they BLACKLISTED those BOXES as well as the address. I have proof if you want to see I still have the paper work because I sold the Condo in 2005, and for NEW OWNERS to UNDERSTAND why they can not get directv. I fought with them for months afterwords. This was in California. Went to dish network right afterwords.

I moved to Knoxville, TN in 2007 I was like what the heck let me try Directv again since there was a deal if you bought a new LCD flat screen TV you got there HD box for free you OWNED it it said so on the receipt. I had an install on a Wednesday, I moved in the week prior. The same day the install guy shows up he starts to install no issues. Mail shows up I have a past due bill and this months services. I am like OK he comes back in the house and says I can not install you because your already installed. I said do you see a dish anywhere on my property? he says no but customer services shows Ur already installed. I told them to go away and it took me 6 months to fight that I owned the receiver.

Directv is just not professional, I will never ever go to them they do send me lots of letters to go back to them, funny thing I was never with them

SO don't tell me they don't blacklist addresses THEY DO DO IT!!!

I was lucky the guy did say nothing was installed and got Directv to cancel my account due to services was never turned on. I did not have to pay anything, but the fight to prove I owned the box was the worst thing I had to go through.

Last edited:
SO don't tell me they don't blacklist addresses THEY DO DO IT!!!

Well again , Never have I had to pay a Dime for any past utilities from any past Tennant's. So I guess address aren't black flagged. They have owed me up to 6 past months of rent, and I've taken D* receivers and Cable boxes left by past Tennant's. So you can't sit there and tell me they were paid up to date.

Again, Rare occurrences are possible, but very rare!

Not as wide spread as some are trying to make it out to be.

I have never seen them blacklist on address only. So apparently I who worked for DTV for the last couple of years and some time before that in another department other then call centers some how have never seen a complaint where dtv managment has blacklisted based on address only.

I will eat my new fedora if you could provide me an account where the only citeria we canceled an account on is because of a past due bill from prvious owners/tenants and it strictly going based on nothing other then that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)