DirecTV: get new customers to pay old customer's unpaid bills.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Humm...looks like no follow up from the OP and not any more posts as well?

Magd61707 the Link Raoul posted goes to the same group of people who you sent your letter to out in Greenwood village . You will a faster response with the email form.

Things to include

1. your old acccount number
2. your father in laws account number
3. offer to provide proof that the resident is really 2 residents at the address.
4. do mention that you did move the other utilies for the other apt in your name. this is important to them as the system that flags accounts does reference utility bills and who name there in during the time the account was active. so really try and explain as much as possible .
Generally the rule is your responsable for your family if your living under the same roof but this is more of odd case since really it a 2 residences at 1 address

Raoul, thanks for the link. I could only put 2000 characters so I had to send a watered down version of this whole mess. Hopefully I made everything clear enough.

Stonecold, thank you also for your advice, I really appreciate it. I did include my old account number and a copy of my final bill but I don't have my father in law's account number. Hopefully D* still has his number in their system even though it’s apparently in collections. I did send what I could to prove the utilities were in my name; I have paperless billing on both and was only able to go back to 1/09 for the electric but for the gas I have an “Billing Activity Summary” in my name that goes as far back as 8/08. I really hope that will work, I really didn't want to wait 7 - 10 business days for earlier copies from the electric company.

I think our deed shows the house is a 2 family dwelling and I would be more than happy to send them a copy of that. I even went so far as to send a copy of my marriage license to prove that the person who’s trying to set up service now is connected to the person who had the D* account in good standing 1 ½ ago. My husband thinks I’m going a bit overboard but I’m going to send everything I can that might help.

I did try to explain to the CSRs that there were 2 apartments at 1 address and father in law was a separate residence from ours but none of them would listen. They just kept telling me it didn't matter that he still lived in our house and had the same name. Normally, I would say the hell with it, it's not worth it, but saving $90 - $100/mo is HUGE for us right now!

Thanks again for your advice.

OK, so I get a call late this afternoon from a customer advocate from D*. She says she has all the account numbers and has done all the research on the accounts and the address. I tell her about this being a 2 family dwelling and that I have documents I can send for proof. I also have a utility bill for us in the upper apt. that falls during the time frame in question. She agrees that everything certainly points to the fact that we lived in different apartments and that we have nothing to do with the outstanding balance. BUT...because neither account ever had FL 1 or FL 2 that there's really nothing she can do. I forgot to mention before that I did requested 2 or 3 times to have UPPER put on my account after my father-in-law got D*, just to avoid confusion, but it was never done and at the time it was a very low priority on my list and I never followed up again. She told me I can fax her all the documents I have and she'll send it wherever it has to go to be reviewed but that I shouldn't get my hopes up.

If the powers that be at D* still don't allow us to get the service, after all the information I've given proving my case, then someone is just being a jerk about it because they can.

Simple solution if proof of new residence does not fix the issue.
Set up your address as an "A" or "B" or as a 1/2.

Basically go through the account set up all over again.
Another way is to go through a retailer for your account instead.
They won't be so easily ready to let a sale go and will fight for you.

Only problem is weather your buying from a retailer or Dtv, the new service will most likely get flagged by the address anyway. And Dtv does have a fraud dept. I work for a retailer so I know what can and can't be done. The OOP is really the best bet. Hopefully they will help you.

I know personally that phone companies do block addresses. Addresses with numerous fraud flags can get permanently banned until certain information is received, and cleared by an actual fraud person. It is rare, but there are fraud department employees that work with this kind of thing as a full-time job.

I only have this information on phone companies, and know nothing about Directv.

THe local cable company here has started doing this. Enough non-pay disconnects at one address and that address gets blocked from service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)