Directv goes after HD RSN's

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So... How long do you think it will take for dish to respond and actually add the RSN's in HD full time. Put them on spots or Put em on full time! :) :up

[youtube]FbSz4zweV_M[/youtube]

BTW I notice that the DIRECTV screen says "200 HD Channels All The Time" when did they add those? ;)
I want to see a close up of screen that shows Directv vs Dish Networks channels with the slashes through them.

Nice 200 HD channels Full time all the time.
I'm sold Where can I print out a channel list?
I want to compair it to Dish Networks 167 that is currently in my guide.;)

Last edited:
Is there even room for RSN's in HD full time?

Dish has room, but they seem to want to put other channels up instead. One can see Dish's strategy to just put the games up in HD on the RSNs instead of running them all the time to have room for other channels.

DIRECTV is being a touch disengenuous here too, you cannot get the out of market pro games on your RSN unless you buy a package like season ticket, so for non ticket subs it is 1 channel, not 25 like they make it seem.

As usual the consumer needs to look at what is provided by both providers and match the channels to their viewing needs/wants. Then pick the best provider/package. If you want HD sports DIRECTV tends to have more, if you want movies in HD, Dish is the answer.

Dish has room, but they seem to want to put other channels up instead. One can see Dish's strategy to just put the games up in HD on the RSNs instead of running them all the time to have room for other channels.

DIRECTV is being a touch disengenuous here too, you cannot get the out of market pro games on your RSN unless you buy a package like season ticket, so for non ticket subs it is 1 channel, not 25 like they make it seem.

As usual the consumer needs to look at what is provided by both providers and match the channels to their viewing needs/wants. Then pick the best provider/package. If you want HD sports DIRECTV tends to have more, if you want movies in HD, Dish is the answer.

Also if you want The Hallmark Movie Channel and the most Premium Movie Channels in Standard Definition it's Dish!.;):)

But you CAN still get them.

BTW I notice that the DIRECTV screen says "200 HD Channels All The Time" when did they add those? ;)

I watched it again. She says capacity for over 200 but the on screen pops up 200HD. Very sleazy. Again DIRECTV is doing the future sell. I bet the average Dish customer has more HD than the average DIRECTV customer.

Love the line of DirecTV has capacity... uhhh.... well use it! Put up or shut up.

If I was a DirecTV customer I'd be pissed seeing that commercial knowing that DirecTV is sitting on their hands.

Yep, The way I look at is Dish is eventually going to have to go full time with there rsn's. There is more than one way to skin a cat. How they skin it might be different. With the upcoming MLB season, people are not going to want to hear You couldn't get yada yada game because we dont have the bandwidth or you cant get the local sports highlight show because we don't carry it full time. General consensus is that putting them on spots would be ok in lue of taking up full transponder space as people cant get the games outside of their market anyhow as dish doesnt have MLB extra innings.

Most just want to see the games in their market (primary and alt games) Most spot beams would cover the region with the HDRSN of their market & the Alternate that you get with the sports pack. So it could be possible that you would pick up a couple of other RSN's in full time from overlapping spots. As far as space on spot beams, if there is any to make this a reality, that I have no Idea.

That's the problem. Under the current setup on Dish not every game is available in HD even though an RSN is broadcasting it in HD. If all of our HD games were always available I'm sure most of us wouldn't care if the RSN was part-time or full-time.

That's the problem. Under the current setup on Dish not every game is available in HD even though an RSN is broadcasting it in HD. If all of our HD games were always available I'm sure most of us wouldn't care if the RSN was part-time or full-time.

:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)