DirecTV H24 HD receiver question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JGtrombone

Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
Oklahoma
I just recently purchased a H24 HD receiver (not an HD-DVR). I noticed the model number is pretty much the same as the newest HD-DVR. I was curious if I could install a hard drive in my receiver to make it an HD-DVR. If this is possible, does the receiver automatically format that hard drive or do I need to format it to a specific file system beforehand (FAT32, NTFS, etc).

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

No, you cannot make it a DVR. Dish Network's 211 ViP receiver allows you to connect an external drive to make it a DVR but this is not the case with Directv.

I just recently purchased a H24 HD receiver (not an HD-DVR). I noticed the model number is pretty much the same as the newest HD-DVR. I was curious if I could install a hard drive in my receiver to make it an HD-DVR. If this is possible, does the receiver automatically format that hard drive or do I need to format it to a specific file system beforehand (FAT32, NTFS, etc).

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for any help you can give me! :)

For starters, :welcome to Satelliteguys!

A follow up to RandallA's post: You didn't really buy the H24, you leased it. If you cancel your account at any point, you will have to return it. Also, you most likely have renewed your commitment to Directv for two years. This is assuming you have activated the H24.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts