Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
DirecTV has crazy retention deals right now

This week, DirecTV's loyalty/retention department has some absolutely insane offers available that can get the cost of your service down to almost nothing. These offers will usually stack with other promos on your account, so you should try regardless of whether or not you're in contract. The discounts being offered this week generally don't extend your contract. Because of how crazy these offers are, I don't expect them to last very long, try to call today if you can.

The typical discount from these offers is $60-80 monthly for a year in addition to any other offers that you're eligible for or have on the account already. Premium channels and equipment upgrades may be free and/or discounted as well. These offers are somewhat targeted, and also depend on the rep you get. Nearly everyone will get something, some people will get amazing deals, and a few people will get nothing. If you get denied, you can try again with another rep.

This applies only to existing regular DirecTV satellite service accounts in the USA, not DirecTV NOW.

Here's how to get these offers:
* Call 1800-531-5000
* Say "cancel service" to the robot when it asks why you're calling. Confirm it and say no to moving. This should get you to the loyalty department.
* Tell the rep that you are thinking about switching to another TV provider for a better price (helps if you can mention a specific provider and offer) and ask nicely if there's any offers that DirecTV has available to lower your price and retain your business.
* The rep will review your account and come back with some offer. Maybe a lot, maybe a little, maybe nothing. Make sure to confirm the exact terms.

It took me less than ten minutes to save $60 a month with the above steps. I got my pre-tax bill down to $23 for xtra, HBO, genie, and 4 TV's.

Source is the DirecTV Reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DirecTV/...ion_today/

Looks like lots of success stories, so If you had DirecTV for a while then it might be worth calling them up and seeing if you can get some deals.

If things work out for you be sure to reply back to this thread!

Some people stating that their bills are down to $13-$20....I guess AT&T trying to do some damage control vs cord cutters.

Reactions: goaliebob99
I just called to get something off on my movie channels yesterday. I got $17 per month off on HBO/Showtime/STARZ for 6 months and then was switched to the loyalty department, where I got an additional $60 per month off for 12 months! We have the Xtra package

OMG...........Just called......followed the directions as outlined above. Had a nice chat with the Rep regarding DTV and Pac 12 Network while he checked out what could be done............was able to reduce programming by $10 a month because duplicate programming due to having the Ultimate Package (for Encore) and also having Starz................wait for it...........was also given a $60/month discount (for 12 months) as loyalty reward...............reduced bill from $151/month to $81/month.........HOT DAMN!!!

Still no Pac 12 Network, but takes the sting out of Sling charges during football season!!!!

Co worker of mine called this morning and she got $80 off for the next 12 months!!! Wow!!!

OMG...........Just called......followed the directions as outlined above. Had a nice chat with the Rep regarding DTV and Pac 12 Network while he checked out what could be done............was able to reduce programming by $10 a month because duplicate programming due to having the Ultimate Package (for Encore) and also having Starz................wait for it...........was also given a $60/month discount (for 12 months) as loyalty reward...............reduced bill from $151/month to $81/month.........HOT DAMN!!!

Still no Pac 12 Network, but takes the sting out of Sling charges during football season!!!!

Where is my like button eh? Congrats! Glad I was able to help folks get aware of this!

I just called to get something off on my movie channels yesterday. I got $17 per month off on HBO/Showtime/STARZ for 6 months and then was switched to the loyalty department, where I got an additional $60 per month off for 12 months! We have the Xtra package

Congrats!

I just got off the phone with DTV and they told me to call next month since I had services active for 3 days only by they applied the $15 credit for the att wireless unlimited plus right away and they gave me a credit of $28 for this month! My bills gonna be about $57+tax with xtra pack+ sports pack including two receivers.

I plan on calling in a month to see what else they can offer.

Another co worker called and he got $50 off for the next year! Got myself a free lunch!

Careful what you ask for guys ...
Its nice that you guys are getting nice discounts :)

For those of you getting big discounts, don't expect to be able to call in in say 6 months (or less) and get huge discounts again.

Just sayin.

For those of you getting big discounts, don't expect to be able to call in in say 6 months (or less) and get huge discounts again.

Just sayin.

Well better get them now then never. Most are 12 month discounts. But a nice Christmas treat from ATT.

Just sayin.

Your right. It works the first time, but it does get to the point where they figure it’s no longer worth having you as a customer.

I remember several years ago sprint sent Letters to about 8000 customers and told them they had 30 days to switch to a new carrier and said they would waive all the cancellation fees.

Basically took all the complainers and got rid of them.

Your right. It works the first time, but it does get to the point where they figure it’s no longer worth having you as a customer.

I remember several years ago sprint sent Letters to about 8000 customers and told them they had 30 days to switch to a new carrier and said they would waive all the cancellation fees.

Basically took all the complainers and got rid of them.
Wow ....
Wish Sprint would have done that for me .
I was with them for 15 years ...
Spent $100 a month (for 1 phone) didn't have family member to compensate and make that bill feel better.

They were offering others the same thing for $60, but not me, I didn't qualify ... (I was not a complainer to them though.)

When I finally moved on, they never even made an offer to keep me.

15 years, never missed a bill, always paid ahead of time and this is what I got from them.

Never called afterwards to win me back either.

They STILL don't have 4g in my area, after telling me for years while I was still there ... 3months, 6 months whatever.

So glad I moved on.

Sprint always had a bed rep, but they been focusing on customer service as of late.
I don’t have them, the building I work in gets reception only from ATT and Verizon, certain floors Verizon doesn’t work. I have ATT.

Back to the topic, I think directv trying to maintain customers as best as possible to avoid another slide this QT.

They’ve always been giving discounts. I called in about two months ago and when added all up got $60 off a month for a year. I think they’re losing customers to other providers so they have to stay competitive.

Reactions: leo250
They’ve always been giving discounts. I called in about two months ago and when added all up got $60 off a month for a year. I think they’re losing customers to other providers so they have to stay competitive.

Yeah, but not as much, some people got $80 off, they basically reduced their bills next to nothing, I think AT&T is trying to do some damage control. All providers have been bleeding customers to cord cutters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)