Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got this late last night. I am guessing it was sent out to DirecTV dealers recently.

It lists the HD channels DirecTV will be carrying.

Because today is a holiday I don't have access to scanner, so I had to take a picture of the information instead. :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• directv_hd.jpg
    directv_hd.jpg
    795.7 KB · Views: 4,128
some of those channels hd version have not been launched yet. i only counted about 9 or 10 that i know are currently airing.

so is it going to be like...if you get the SD version of that channel you get the HD version too?

or if you have the hd acess you call all of those channels excluding the premium movie channels of course.

some of those channels hd version have not been launched yet. i only counted about 9 or 10 that i know are currently airing.
I count about 14 (if u include CNN and TBS that r supposed to launch in september)

I would guess D* is in negotiations with some, while others are just not ready
yet? Any word on the RSN's?...further word from BSchneider concerning "turn-
on " dates:
Originally Posted by Bschneider
The following information is subject to change. But right now this is what I can tell you today.

The first wave of HD channels should be turned on Sept 14th with at least the following channels. Individual channnels may be turned on before the 14th. RSN's will be the turned on during the second wave. When we get closer to the dates I should be able to tell you more.

A&E
Big Ten Network
Cartoon Network
CNN
Food Network
Golf/Versus
HGTV
History
NFL Network
National Geo
Simithsonian (channel 267)
TBS

the mid-december date coincides with what elizabeth conlisk, vp of communications at the big ten network told me saturday night. i asked if directv had given her a specific date yet and she replied ``mid-september.'' and i see BTN is on the list as is golf/versus and food network. since directv has previewed MHD, i'm surprised its not on the first list.

TBS HD should be up soon as they have already committed to broadcasting baseball playoffs, starting in early october! plus, i hope their college football game of the week is also in hi-def.

I would guess D* is in negotiations with some, while others are just not ready
yet? Any word on the RSN's?...further word from BSchneider concerning "turn-
on " dates:
Originally Posted by Bschneider
The following information is subject to change. But right now this is what I can tell you today.

The first wave of HD channels should be turned on Sept 14th with at least the following channels. Individual channnels may be turned on before the 14th. RSN's will be the turned on during the second wave. When we get closer to the dates I should be able to tell you more.

A&E
Big Ten Network
Cartoon Network
CNN
Food Network
Golf/Versus
HGTV
History
NFL Network
National Geo
Simithsonian (channel 267)
TBS

I thought D* was claiming a min of 20 in first wave ?

So 5 channels more than DISH already has. I guess DISH will match at least some of those like Tbs, Cnn and maybe Smithsonian or CArtoon network. I already know that the Big Ten Network won't be one of them. So it looks like so far DISH will still have all the channels in hd that I want. THe sports networks mean nothing to me and I don't count them towards the hd total.

So 5 channels more than DISH already has. I guess DISH will match at least some of those like Tbs, Cnn and maybe Smithsonian or CArtoon network. I already know that the Big Ten Network won't be one of them. So it looks like so far DISH will still have all the channels in hd that I want. THe sports networks mean nothing to me and I don't count them towards the hd total.

yep doesn't look like it will be hard for dish to keep pace

Why do you bother posting here in the D* forum? Clearly you are a troll.
Do you mind?? This is a peaceful discussion!! Why do u always have to start fights!!! If u do not like a particular poster put them on ignore and stop calling them names!!!

Do you mind?? This is a peaceful discussion!! Why do u always have to start fights!!! If u do not like a particular poster put them on ignore and stop calling them names!!!

I agree Juan, some people are just too ignorant to offer anything constructive.

Yeah, even E* folks have an interest in this D* HD launch. I've over here in the D* area to discuss this D* issue. Even as a E* customer, I feel free join the discussion without exception.

I too think that E* can keep up with this list. Considering the formidable number of 100 National HD channels by the end of 2007, there had been doubt. But seeing how many of those will be RSNs or premiums, we feel a bit better that the regular channels will at least be within E* limitations.

With this list that's 65 total HD channels without counting any RSNs or sport packages.

How many does E* have without counting any of the RSNs that E* has. I don't know because I don't read the E* boards.

But we are happy that you guys are happy that you think that E* can keep up. I hope so too. Doesn't sound though that certain people are adding to the discussion, just here as usual to sound off how E* is better than D*, and yes questioner is that guy. Has been forever, BOb is just what Raul stated, so can we now get off of that and stop the ridiculous comments?

With this list that's 65 total HD channels without counting any RSNs or sport packages.

How many does E* have without counting any of the RSNs that E* has. I don't know because I don't read the E* boards.
"57" HD channels! Those DMA feeds don't count because everyone can't receive them!!

But we are happy that you guys are happy that you think that E* can keep up. I hope so too. Doesn't sound though that certain people are adding to the discussion, just here as usual to sound off how E* is better than D*, and yes questioner is that guy. Has been forever, BOb is just what Raul stated, so can we now get off of that and stop the ridiculous comments?
Yes stop with ridiculous insulting comments..Now on with the discussion

I'm no D* fan in the least, for relatively obvious reasons.

However, the people who should be crapping their pants are the cable companies. Many of them are already at capacity and D* and E* are just throwing up more sats and changing encoding schemes in order to make people pretty damned happy, for less money than cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts