DirecTV HD Channel Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Won't help me unless we're talking about E* unfortunately :). I won't be doing business with D* ever again considering how they wronged me previously.

EDIT: NESN doesn't want to offer to anyone who only wants to do 'partial' feeds, like just for games, it seems.. So unless D* is going to do a 24/7 HD feed, they may hit the same problem E* has.

NESN hd is already 24/7 in the Boston dma. I'm sure it will be the same nationally.

It says right at the top of the list that this information is subject to change. So while it is useful, I think that just like the listing of HD channels currently uplinked, it shouldn't be interpreted literally. We are into September already so the speculation will be over soon anyway. I don't see why as subscribers any of us should want to see either D not living up to expectations or E not keeping pace with the roll out. One side or the other not doing well doesn't benefit any of us in a material way. If anything we should be cheering the competition.

EDIT: NESN doesn't want to offer to anyone who only wants to do 'partial' feeds, like just for games, it seems.. So unless D* is going to do a 24/7 HD feed, they may hit the same problem E* has.
NESN is carried 24/7 on DirecTV if you live in the Boston DMA.

HD channels with channel numbers from DBStalk.

Asterisk (*) indicates HD channel available only with H20, H21, HR20 and HR21 receivers.

September 2007
A&E *265
Big Ten Network HD *220
Cartoon Network *296
Cinemax HD East *512
Cinemax HD West *514
CNN HD *202
Discovery HD Theater 76
ESPN HD 72, *206
ESPN2 HD 73, *209
Food Network HD *231-1
FSN New York HD *624
The Golf Channel HD (shared with Versus HD) *604
HBO HD East 70, 509, *501
HBO HD West *504
HDNet 79
HDNet Movies 78
HGTV-HD *229-1
The History Channel HD *269
Madison Square Garden HD *621
MHD (HD only) *332
The Movie Channel HD *544
NFL Network HD *212
National Geographic Channel HD *276
Showtime HD 71, 543, *537
Showtime HD West *540
Smithsonian Channel HD (HD only) *267
Starz Comedy HD *519
Starz HD East *520
Starz Edge HD *522
Starz Kids & Family HD *518
Starz HD West *521
TBS in HD *247
TNT HD 75, *245
Universal HD 74
Versus HD (shared with The Golf Channel HD) *604
The Weather Channel HD *362

October 2007
Animal Planet HD *282
Bravo HD *273
Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD 680 *640
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD 681, *629
Discovery Channel HD *278
Fox Business Channel HD *359
FSN Detroit HD *636
FSN Prime Ticket HD *653
FSN Southwest HD *643
FSN West HD *652
Fuel TV HD *612
FX HD *248
NBA TV HD *601-1
New England Sports Network HD 682, *623
The Science Channel HD *284
Sci-Fi Network HD *244
Speed Channel HD *607
SportsNet New York HD 683, *625
USA Network HD *242
Yankees Entertainment & Sports HD 684, *622

Hehe, I just wonder what Speed-HD is going to show when most Racing series will nearly be over when they launch in October. This is the one channel that I really hope that E* gets out of all the once D* has listed.

In all seriousness, why are Vs and Golf Network sharing a channel assignment? Are neither of them capable of filling their own channel slot? Or is it more likely that they are owned by the same company or something like that?

VS/Golf are sent out that way and are from the company. Its not DirecTV (or Dish) time sharing these channels. It comes like that. :)

NESN is carried 24/7 on DirecTV if you live in the Boston DMA.

I'm technically in the Boston spotbeam DMA, but I couldn't get NESN HD. That's kinda my point, NESN HD is on Spotbeam on D* last I knew, which means it won't be a 'national' channel, it'd be a regional spot beam channel, unless they decide to change that or already have.

I'm technically in the Boston spotbeam DMA, but I couldn't get NESN HD. That's kinda my point, NESN HD is on Spotbeam on D* last I knew, which means it won't be a 'national' channel, it'd be a regional spot beam channel, unless they decide to change that or already have.

Directv just chose to restrict it to Boston zip despite being in NESN territory and under the spot. It will be changing as NESN HD will move to D10 so the rest of the country can partake of the HD games if they have MBL EI/Super Fan.

Got this late last night. I am guessing it was sent out to DirecTV dealers recently.

It lists the HD channels DirecTV will be carrying.

Because today is a holiday I don't have access to scanner, so I had to take a picture of the information instead. :)

Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up info...Looks like this should be a great time for TV...With the other preimum channels going HD.....Might be time to move up to the Preimer package!!

Thanks for the heads up info...Looks like this should be a great time for TV...With the other preimum channels going HD.....Might be time to move up to the Preimer package!!

Oh great time for Satellite... Not such a great time for Cable. :D

Directv just chose to restrict it to Boston zip despite being in NESN territory and under the spot. It will be changing as NESN HD will move to D10 so the rest of the country can partake of the HD games if they have MBL EI/Super Fan.

Not to mention that those of us in NESN territory, but not the Boston zip, can finally have in HD what cable subscribers here have had for well over a year now. It's been a LONG wait! :)

Not to mention that those of us in NESN territory, but not the Boston zip, can finally have in HD what cable subscribers here have had for well over a year now. It's been a LONG wait! :)

Maybe, but if the rsns in hd are going national, who is to say they won't be blacked out in all red sox territory like sd extra inning games. They need to address the problem in the local channel packages, not national.

MLB.TV blocks Red Sox games in this market too.. Friend of mine signed up in Boston since he doesn't have cable and he was blacked out.. .Guess people who want to watch their favorite team at work are just SOL too.

In all seriousness, why are Vs and Golf Network sharing a channel assignment? Are neither of them capable of filling their own channel slot? Or is it more likely that they are owned by the same company or something like that?

1) yes, they are both owned by the same company (Comcast Cable Networks owns both Versus (VS.) and Golf Channel).

2) and, yes, Scott is correct that it's CCN that distributes them to headends that way. I suppose it's better to have more HD content on one channel contributed from both sports networks than to have HD only a few hours a day and stretch-o-smell-o vision the rest of the day if CCN was to distribute separately Versus (VS.) HD and Golf Channel HD.

But we are happy that you guys are happy that you think that E* can keep up. I hope so too.

Yea, competition is a good thing - do you think we'd have even the HD channels we are getting now if the two companies merged? A combined D*/E* would only feel the need to keep up with the local cablecos.

Status
Please reply by conversation.