DirecTV HD Channel Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea, competition is a good thing - do you think we'd have even the HD channels we are getting now if the two companies merged? A combined D*/E* would only feel the need to keep up with the local cablecos.

The market is going to set rates, just as it does now. What we pay for satellite is dictated by cable rates to a large degree -- if sat cost a ton more than cable, many people who have a choice would pick cable.

I'm more concerned about a merging of philosophies: which side wins? IMO today D* is subscriber-friendly (or channel-friendly): they invest in equipment, get new channels, and sign deals like ST and EI first; then address the rate-structure later. OTOH, E* is shareholder-friendly and rate-friendly: Charlie Cheapo won't get new channels until he's got rock-bottom cost/sub, and sometimes skips channels in favor of cost.

I prefer the channels-first philosophy, there are some things I like to watch that I wouldn't want to sacrifice for a $1 increase. I realize not everybody agrees, so there should be room in the market for them to continue to coexist.

Looking at the channel line up .jpg....it shows the east/west feeds available, to anyone that gets them, as being available in HD. Is that going to be the case? I've been grandfathered into the east/west feeds for years but when I had HD before I didn't get those in HD.

They should be but they haven't been actually released yet in HD as far as I know, they're just 'supposed to be sometime'.

I don't see why as subscribers any of us should want to see either D not living up to expectations or E not keeping pace with the roll out. One side or the other not doing well doesn't benefit any of us in a material way. If anything we should be cheering the competition.

I agree completely! Nicely said.

BTW since a few people asked, this document was from a larger document that was several pages long.

This was the only page they would copy for me, they said the rest of it could be traced back to them.

I am still working to get the rest of that document. :)

BTW since a few people asked, this document was from a larger document that was several pages long.

This was the only page they would copy for me, they said the rest of it could be traced back to them.

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it...." :cool:

Any chance the document could be provided with redactions?

My question is when they do roll out the new HD chanels will there be 2 chanels like the locals i get out of Denver ie 1 SD chanel and then 1 HD chanel of the same network but with the same chanel number?

My question is when they do roll out the new HD chanels will there be 2 chanels like the locals i get out of Denver ie 1 SD chanel and then 1 HD chanel of the same network but with the same chanel number?

That's the plan.

question about HD channels via 3-LNB

After the new channels launch, will the currently available HD channel line-up (including all the HD channels in the 70's like ESPN and ESPN2 HD, as well as 2007 NFL sunday ticket superfan HD) still be available if you have the 3-LNB set up with HR20? my condo is probably going to take forever before wiring the place for the new dish.

thanks in advance...

After the new channels launch, will the currently available HD channel line-up (including all the HD channels in the 70's like ESPN and ESPN2 HD, as well as 2007 NFL sunday ticket superfan HD) still be available if you have the 3-LNB set up with HR20? my condo is probably going to take forever before wiring the place for the new dish.

thanks in advance...

Bottom line: if you can see the HD now, you will continue to see those same HD channels until D* converts to 100% MPEG4. Sunday Ticket for this year will be in MPEG2 all season, so you can see that. But next year will probably be all MPEG4.

I was trying to view lineup image and I am redirect to indicate that I am signed on as a guest. Anyone have any ideas?

If you can't view images as a guest (FREE to sign up however) then there is also a text list in those same threads discussing all the new HD this year.

WELCOME!

EDIT - ADDED (here is the list - some are already on as you know AND some are packages)

A&E
Altitude
Animal Planet
Big Ten Network
Bravo
Cartoon Network
Chiller
Cinemax East
Cinemax West
CNBC
CNN
Comcast SportsNet Chicago HD
Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD
Discovery Channel
Discovery HD Theater
ESPN HD
ESPN2 HD
Food Network
FSN Arizona
FSN Bay Area
FSN Detroit
FSN Florida
FSN New England
FSN North
FSN Northwest
FSN Ohio
FSN Prime Ticket
FSN Rocky Mountain
FSN South
FSN Southwest
FSN West
FX
HBO East
HBO West
HBO2 East
HBO2 West
HBO Family East
HBO Family West
HBO Latino East
HBO Signature East
HDNet
HDNet Movies
HGTV
MHD
MoreMax East
NASCAR HotPass driver 1
NASCAR HotPass driver 2
NASCAR HotPass driver 3
NASCAR HotPass driver 4
NASCAR HotPass driver 5
NGC HD
New England Sports Network HD
NFL Network
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 1
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 2
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 3
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 4
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 5
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 6
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 7
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 8
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 9
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 10
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 11
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 12
NFL Sunday Ticket – game 13
Pay-Per-View HD
SCI FI Channel
Showtime HD
Showtime West
Speed
SportsNet New York HD
SportsSouth
Starz East
Starz West
Starz Comedy
Starz Edge
Starz Kids & Family
Sun Sports
TBS
The 101
The History Channel
The Movie Channel
The Science Channel
The Tennis Channel
The Weather Channel
TLC
TNT HD
Universal HD
USA Network
Versus/Golf HD
YES HD
+ 2 TBA Discovery-owned networks

HD channels launching in 2008:

ABC Family
Disney Channel
ESPNEWS HD
HBO Signature West
HBO Comedy West
HBO Zone East
HBO Zone West
HBO Latino West
MoreMAX West
ActionMAX East
ActionMAX West
ThrillerMAX East
ThrillerMAX West
Toon Disney
WMAX East
WMAX West
@MAX East
5StarMAX East
OuterMAX East

New HD

AS long as The Sci-Fi Channel, and the Discovery Channel are going to be available I am there. At least till this time next year. Then I am am moving into my new house in the country and I will have my big dish also. You don't know what you are missing till you watch an HD program with one of those. For the skeptics, find a store that sales both and view the same channel side by side. You won't have Directv shoving all the HD channels onto one sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)