DirecTV HD Channel Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is the most wanted of the "premiums" for me. In all honesty I could care less about 20 different flavors of HBO, Starz or MAX, or E & W as long as they add the ORIGINAL HBO Comedy Channel.

The problem is that the Coming Soon could mean tomorrow or could mean mid 2008.. :)

There's still channels on that list that have been on competitors services for quite some time too.. I personally am a rather large fan of Science Channel HD.

I'd love to see a list of when these networks are supposedly going to start uplinking in HD. That would give an idea of when we could see them on satellite in HD as well. It's not like Cable is going to be offering anything of value anytime soon. Comcast is already whining about a lack of bandwidth in several markets if memory serves.

get ready to pay for hdnet and hdnet movies as they are not listed in the packages...even premier.

This is from a poster over at DBSTalk, who is
suppose to have insider info:
----------------------
DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - Projected: DirecTV HD list
HD Xtra Pack will be free for everyone until December 15th, at that time everyone will be billed (no grandfathering)

This is from a poster over at DBSTalk, who is
suppose to have insider info:
----------------------
DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - Projected: DirecTV HD list
HD Xtra Pack will be free for everyone until December 15th, at that time everyone will be billed (no grandfathering)

That stinks, the only ones on that list I watch would be HD Net.
I bet Mark Cuban may yet have something to say about that.

Jimbo

Does anyone no the process directv used in determining which channels would go hd? I know they have agreements with the providers but puting the cartoon network in hd doesnt make sense. Why are they waiting till October to roll ouy FX, Sci-Fi and USA networks

Does anyone no the process directv used in determining which channels would go hd? I know they have agreements with the providers but puting the cartoon network in hd doesnt make sense. Why are they waiting till October to roll ouy FX, Sci-Fi and USA networks

Some stations are just not ready yet. So while Directv might be ready with contracts in place, Fx, Sci-Fi and others are not.

I know they have agreements with the providers but puting the cartoon network in hd doesnt make sense.

I don't know if your comment comes from thinking that no cartoons will look better in widescreen HD, or if you think adults don't watch cartoons, but I'm afraid you would be wrong on both counts.;)

BTW since a few people asked, this document was from a larger document that was several pages long.

This was the only page they would copy for me, they said the rest of it could be traced back to them.

I am still working to get the rest of that document. :)

Hey Scott,
Any progress getting the rest of the document? :)

No its not that i dont watch cartoons, who doesnt? The last channel I think of when I think HD is the cartoon network. There is other channels I would like to see rolled out first

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts