Directv HD-DVR deals in September?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ATT

Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
do you think directv will be offering new HD deals coming in September

I will love to change from cable to directv but there no way i'm shelling out $299 with no refund @ the end of the contract
I'm willing to do $99 but they want $299 which sucks for them & and I :D

lets hope new HD channels bring them in line with dish network they give there HD-DVR with out charging $299 for you just to use it.

Hopefully with HD available the problem will be availability of receivers not crybabys wanting further discounted prices.

do you think directv will be offering new HD deals coming in September

I will love to change from cable to directv but there no way i'm shelling out $299 with no refund @ the end of the contract
I'm willing to do $99 but they want $299 which sucks for them & and I :D

lets hope new HD channels bring them in line with dish network they give there HD-DVR with out charging $299 for you just to use it.

The price is only $199 at this time, and they will give you bill credits to cover it.

Call them, say you'd like to switch to D* but why pay $299/$199 for the HR20 when my cable company or E* don't have an upfront charge, can you work out any deals to help make it possible? Folks have said they're willing to deal a bit.

Finally pulled the trigger on the HR20 myself last week. called and was quoted $299 also. My previous calls months before were $199. Asked for retention, got through, they gave me the pay 19.99 shipping and its yours deal. I was more than happy for that. Too bad that can't install it now for a month but thats my fault for waiting so long

Yeah, they could just give it to you for free and charge more per month to use it like some providers or stick you with an even longer contract to get their money back. :rolleyes:

Yeah, they could just give it to you for free and charge more per month to use it like some providers or stick you with an even longer contract to get their money back. :rolleyes:

They stick you with a 2 year contract like every other company:eek: There also talking about raising the price when the new channels come.

They stick you with a 2 year contract like every other company:eek: There also talking about raising the price when the new channels come.

WRONG! Their (I presume your talking about D*) not talking about raising the the price for the new channels! Their CEO is on public record saying that there will be no price increase when the new channels come on and that as they have been negotiating for rights to the new HD channels they are included in the package with the sd channels. Secondly you don't have to have a 2 year commitment with D* on your HD receiver if you want to buy your own receiver at a cost of $799 and buy your own dish. Hey everybody has to make their own decision on how the get their tv. Some can afford the best and many have to settle for less because of price etc. :D

Is the DVR leased or owned when signing up for the upgrade ($19.99 for shipping and 2 year contract)?

My Deal

Well, I have read a lot of deals about the HD DVR upgrades, so let me tell you what I got today.

I called in a couple of times and got the $99 HD DVR deal with the dish and installation and also a $19.99 shipping and handling. I even talked to the Customer Retention Department after calling in a 2nd time and saying "cancel my subscription" on the automated service and she gave me the same deal, nothing special.

I called in again and got a regular CSR. She said that it was noted on my account that I had just called in and got the $99 deal. I said that she was right, I did, and that did they have a customer retention department and she transferred me. Got a very nice person and said to her point blank, "look I have been a customer for 12 years and I want a good deal from you all but I am not a very good negotiator. Would you see what you could do for me?". She was very nice and offered me this:

2 HD DVRs for $19.99
Install 5 LNB dish for free (of course)

I also asked, hey, what the heck, can I have 6 months of HD programming for free. She went away and then came back on and gave it to me.

Don't pay for these HD DVRs. Just don't do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)