Status
Please reply by conversation.

jesserulz233

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2005
South Carolina
Hi. It has been a very long time since I posted on here. I have been lurking though for a while and I have a few questions. I bought me a 37 inch lcd hdtv yesterday and would like to upgrade to Directv HD. My boss at work told me he was upgraded for free when he got his. Is this also possible for me. Also, how much clearer is the picture? SD looks like crap on my lcd with the R10. Thanks for the responses.

Jesse

Stop by CC or BB and ask to connect H20 or HR20 to similar model - watch by yourself. Picture works better then 1000s words !

Last edited:
Hi. It has been a very long time since I posted on here. I have been lurking though for a while and I have a few questions. I bought me a 37 inch lcd hdtv yesterday and would like to upgrade to Directv HD. My boss at work told me he was upgraded for free when he got his. Is this also possible for me. Also, how much clearer is the picture? SD looks like crap on my lcd with the R10. Thanks for the responses.

Jesse

You have to remember that all HDTVs are designed to supply the best picture, when a HD signal is fed into them. Most of them convert SD to HD size for viewing on a HD set. When you start with a poor quality SD picture you basically enhance the poor quality signal making it look even worse on the HD set.

I don't have any SD receivers, but would think the SD picture quality would be better when fed out of an H20, to a HDTV, rather than from a R10 to an HD set. Just due to the conversion process of the H20 from SD signal to the HDMI or component output.

I can't wait for D* to light up those new birds with HD nationals.

It all depends on how valuable you are to D*. If you're a 5 heart or A-List customer then you're eligible for a free HD upgrade every 6 months. Everyone else is subject to pay $99 + $19.95 S&H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts