Directv HR24 HD Dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jm1979

Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
California
I have a Directv HR24 HD Dvr and I was wondering, is there was any way to start recording from the location at which I paused the show, instead of having to record the entire show itself?

I have a Directv HR24 HD Dvr and I was wondering, is there was any way to start recording from the location at which I paused the show, instead of having to record the entire show itself?

Not sure how you would tell the DVR to do that .... or why for that matter.
If you change to that channel at the mid way point in the show and hit record, it will record from the point that you tuned in that channel.

However, if you have recorded a show and watched part of it on the recording and then left and came back to the show, if you go back into the recorded show you can pick back up from where you left off (Resume).

Also, if you have a show that is recorded and need to start somewhere other than the beginning, if you hold the frwd button down, it will jump ahead in 15 minute increments.

The main reason why I prefer this type of set up is because every time I see a flattering shot of a woman, whether it be in a commercial, show, or movie, I will always record it.

This actually happens quite frequently and is usually unexpected and only for a few seconds, so recording over a minute of the show is unpractical for me.

I miss that too from E* dvrs. I haven't been able to figure out how to do that and I don't think you can with D* dvrs but oh well nothing is perfect. :)

That is default behavior on Dish DVRs. On Dish, if you wanted to record the whole show, you'd have to rewind to the point you wanted to start recording and then hit the Record button. I kind of prefer that, but it's no big deal to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts